Chapter 59: Chances

Saira's P.O.V

I couldn't believe my eyes. How did he manage to capture Tenzin and his children? Korra told me that they fled. Why were they here?

"We need to help them!", I said with panic in my voice,"Korra, Mako you two will defeat Amon. I will take care of his fellows."

"But there are so many."

"I'll manage them. Just stay hidden. Okay?"

They both nodded and walked away. I made my way straight to the stage, where Tenzin and his children were trapped. When I got Amon's attention, I took off my mask. I was not allowed to share my political view actually but I didn't care about the oh so important Royal Rules for now.

"Let them go."

"Good to see you, Princess Saira."

"They haven't done anything to you. Set them free Amon, before it's too late for you."

"Are you threatening me?", he laughed.

"No, I'm warning you. I know your little secret...Noatak."

"Who are you referring as Noatak? Me? I've never heard of that name."

"Of course you didn't.", I mumbled slightly annoyed.

The people around us were quiet. The voices that were cheering before were completely calm now. I took in a deep breath. I didn't know if this was a good idea but I was here now and there was no return.

"I want to tell the people, who still believe in hope and justice that Avatar Korra is still alive and healthy. That she's right here in the Arena, where the Equalists have just captured the last Airbenders and have tortured innocent, unarmed men, women, and children. He has bombed the United Forces, who are responsible for the safety of the United Republic. There are only a handful of survivors. I want to tell you that if you think for one second the Equalists will treat us fairly if there’s a ceasefire, you’re deluding yourself. Because you know who they are and what they do. This is what they do! And we must fight back! Don't let Amon take over this nation! You have a message for us Amon? Well, I have one for you. You can torture us and bomb us and burn our houses to the ground, but do you know what? Fire is catching! And if we burn, you will burn with us!”
((I really loved this part in Mockingjay, so I changed a little bit, but the original speech was from Mockingjay, Katniss Everdeen))

The people around us were now cheering. I didn't know if they were on my side or on Amon's. But before Amon could react to me, Korra suddenly raised her voice.

I told you to stay hidden Korra!

"Amon is a bloodbender! His father was Yakone! He is the brother of Tarrlok!"

"I'm not able to bend Avatar Korra. If you had studied my past, you would have known that a firebender damaged my face.", he said and looked at me.

Great Noatak, great. Lie and make me, the firebender to the scapegoat. It's not like I always tried to fight equally even against your men!

"To prove it, I will take off my mask.", he ended his sentence.

I was curious now and as he took it off, a huge scar was coying his face. He was a citizen of the Watertribe, that was sure. But something was fishy. I knew how a scar, caused by fire, looked like and his was too perfect, to harmonic with his face.

"No bending.", I whispered to Korra and Mako.

"What? Why? Do you know what you are even talking about?"