Chapter 14: Return

Iroh's P.O.V

As Saira's coffin was closed and put in the hole, we buried in the ice, we started to fill it. I breathed in and looked at the place, where Saira was laying, for the last time. As I was to walk off, I suddenly heard a noise. I turned around and looked around. Nobody was here except me. Then again. I soon realized it were knocks. The knocks got louder and faster. What could it be?
I followed the noises and stood right in front of Saira's grave.
Saira! It was Saira!
I immediately took a shovel and dug Saira's coffin. The knocks, now became beatings.
Suddenly the shovel reached something hard, the coffin. The beats stopped. It was completely calm. I opened the coffin and saw a completely exhausted but living Saira. Her eyes were bloodlined and swollen. My eyes widened and I pulled her immediately in a hug, which she returned gladly. Saira was trying to say something but her voice failed. So I just shook my head. I grabbed Saira's waist, she jerked up as I touched it. I've forgotten that she was injured. As I put her up, I climbed up, myself. I offered to carry her but she just shook her head and started walking. I didn't care what she said, I was afraid she might collapse, so I supported her. Saira looked absolutely pissed. I knew she wasn't alright because she breathed heavily. Soon I realized, where we were going, to the mother ship.
"Shouldn't we go to the rebel's HQ?", I asked.
Saira shook her head. "N-no", she managed to whisper. As we reached the fleet, we walked to the fleet's doc Shen. As he saw Saira, his eyes widened:"Lady Saira? You're alive?" Saira breathed in and nodded. "Lady Saira isn't able to speak at the moment.", I stated. Dr Shen then asked Saira to sit down. He touched Sairas neck and throat:"Your vocal chords are very swollen. I guess it's the dragonsnake spider's poison. If this really was the case, you weren't supposed to die. This poison is only supposed paralize your whole body."
"The Watertribe medic told me, she was dead.", I said.
"Because she doesn't have a lot experience. The spider only lives in the Earth Kingdom. Maybe that's why she thought that she's dead", he looked over to Saira,"Now please repeat my words: We won the war against IAZO." Saira's eyes widened as she heard the words and then she looked over to me. I nodded in agreement. Saira only managed to whisper the words, her voice always cracked. At least she was able to whisper now.
As Dr Shen let Saira go, she immediately went into her cabin.

I was waiting in front of it.
I took the opportunity to thank god that she was alive. I sighed. Everything happened pretty fast. I couldn't imagine how to live without Saira and then she suddenly appeared again.
She opened the door and whispered:" Now we have to convince Unalaq to sign their independence."
"Do you have anything in your mind?"
"We are the United Forces, they don't have any other opportunity than to agree.", she whispered.
I laughed at that.
"What's so funny?", she hissed.
"You're still confident about your plan, even though you can't speak properly", I laughed," I missed that. I missed you, Saira."
She stared at me for a while, thinking. Suddenly she started blushing.
"I think we should ah!"
Saira grabbed her waist in pain.
I underpinned her:"I think you should rest now."
"I rested for how long?"
"Three days."
"For three days! That's enough, Li! We're to help Ahana, not to rest!"
"I won't rest. You will. You cannot even speak probably."
"But-"
"That's an order, without reinterpretations, Lady Navigator.", I said with a strict voice.
Then she sighed:"Alright."

Saira's P.O.V

Li ordered me not to do anything and that really pissed me off. I hated feeling help- and useless.
But he was right. My whole body ached and I knew, I couldn't heal my injury by myself. I needed a waterbender, a healer but unfortunately we didn't have one.
Not tolerating the free time, I tried to convince Li to go to the Ahana HQ. I had to assure him, that I wouldn't do or try to do anything. He agreed but only if I was letting him underpin me. I sighed and nodded. He put his arm around my healthy waist and I put my arm around his shoulder and we started walking, leaving the mother ship behind. It was pretty weird because Li was very tall, so I had to go on my tiptoes.
After I guess twenty minutes, we reached the HQ. Suddenly I felt a body hugging me and I immediately winced because of the pain that ran through my body. I realized it was Haku and he apologized:"I thought you left us!"
"I couldn't.", I whispered as loud as possible. He hugged me again, forgetting that I was hurt.
We bespoke the upcoming deal. Li was the one, who was going to talk with Unalaq and Haku was accompanying him for support. I had to stay at the ship. But who cared, I was only the navigator.
After a few hours, we went back to the mother ship and headed to the Northern Watertribe.
It was night meanwhile and I made myself ready for my shift. As I walked upstairs, I met Li. He looked at me surprised:"What are you doing here?"
"I have to do my shift, Li."
"No formalities?"
"I'm not in the mood for any."
"You should rest."
"Oh please, I'm sick and tired of resting. I'm not dying, Li."
"You almost did."
"Almost. But I'm still standing here. I won't die that easy. You're stuck with me for a very long time."
"I'm glad about that. It's better to be with you than not seeing you. Don't leave me again."
"I won't. At least I will try. Please go now."
"I'm afraid you might collapse."
"I won't. And if, we have Shen. He can help me. Now please take rest, you need all your energy."
Li was about to say something but I kissed his cheek and he let it be. He nodded and walked to his cabin.

Strange things did happen here..

Hope you liked the chapter! In case you are a Yugioh-fan, please check out my newest story Past and Present!