Chapter 66: Dragon's mercy

Saira's P.O.V

Three days have passed since Iroh and my fight and I was back in my old little house, where I lived before I married Iroh. I was not alone, Supriya and Han lived with me, since I didn't want them to live in the red-light district of Republic City.

"Your Highness. You are shaking.", Supriya interrupted my thoughts.

"Supriya please, I asked you not to address me with my title. Just call me Saira."

"As you wish, Your High- Saira. You are shaking. Maybe you should eat something. You didn't since the past few days."

"I'm fine Supriya, thank you. Well, we should discuss Han's education. Which school does he attend?"

Supriya looked away, avoiding my eyes:"He doesn't go to any. I couldn't afford the fees. Only our iving."

I took the poor woman's hand:"Let that be my responsibility. I'm travelling a lot. Do you want Han to have a private teacher or do you want him to attend a normal school?"

"A-a normal school, Saira."

"Are you sure? You won't seem him when you are away with me. And you don't want him to stop his studies, don't you?"

"How about a boarding school?"

"Why not. Now that this has been cleared, we need to talk about your responsibilities as my assistant."

"Of course."

"Being my assistant it means that you have to be around me most of your time. You have to take care of my engagements and appointments, every single part of it. You have to travel with me abroad and do not, I repeat, please do not interfere in any talks. You will get your salary at the end of the month and this house is completley yours. No rent, no fee."

"P-pardon? This house is mine?"

"Yes and I expect you to take care of it. It was built my father and I trust you with it."

"I can't take this. I'm sorry."

"It's just a little gift. I don't live here anymore so I wanted to sell it anyway. Why not giving it to you? I owe you that because your work won't be easy especially with me. Now that everything is clear, I want you to promise me something."

"Anything."

"Good. You won't talk about my family's personal life, the fight between Iroh and me will stay between us, and you will never say anything that could destroy Iroh's image or mine. You are now in the inner circle of the Royal Family, if I get to know you spread stories about us, I will make sure that you won't ever see the sunlight or your son again. No more short dresses, you have to dress according to the dress code. No more alcohol, no more weed and no more cigarettes. And one more thing. Since you are working for me now, promise me that you will never go back to your old profession. To your old working place. Do you promise?"

"I promise."

"You will lead a better life now, Supriya. Forget your past and focus on the future."

"Yes, Saira."

"I'm so proud of you.", I smiled and hugged her,"You don't have to fight anymore, Supriya."

I jumped when I heard a loud and aggressive banging on the door. Supriya shot me a scared look. Who could that be?

As I opened the door, it was no one else than the man who drove me crazy every time, I fought with him.
I placed one hand on my hip and looked at him. He looked sleepy, had dark circles around his eyes and didn't shave his beard. He looked years older but he also looked...hot.