Chapter 12: Freedom vs Racism

Saira's P.O.V

The attack was unexpected. I didn't think that the IAZO organization would be back that fast, after they realized, that we betrayed them. So I improvised some motivating words but I was completely clueless what to do for the first time in my short life.
Several dead bodies were laying on the ground from the blast. I hated war. I hated rebellions. Although some were good to fight for justice. But what was justice? Everyone has an other point of view. But in every case, someone dies needlessly. And that's what I couldn't bear. Especially when it were innocent people.

Suddenly Li threw himself at me and shouted: "What the hell are you doing?" I realized that I've been deep in thoughts and that a bomb was in front of my feet. If Li wasn't there, I wouldn't have survived. I looked him into his eyes and saw shock:"I was in thoughts. Won't happen again, Lieutenant." Li then nodded, got off of me and helped me to get up. We ran out of the bombed building into the other one. "Wait! Where's Haku?", I asked hysterically. "Haku is well prepared, he'll be okay!", Li yelled as loud as he could.
Soon we found Tadashi, he guided us into the basement which was in the underground. As we reached, I saw a small troop of men and a few women waiting for us. My eyes soon found Haku. I sighed in relief. Tadashi then handed Haku, Li and me swords. I somehow recognized Li's. It was Sokka's space sword, which he told me about. Haku got the sword of my great grandfather's friend, master Piandao. I was handed a sword of the Kyoshi warriors. I smiled. Three swords from three different nations.
"You do realize, that our enemy has more warriors than we do? We'll never win this!" "Never underestimate someone by their looks. Team Avatar and the White Lotus didn't have many" warriors" too and they defeated Ozai and the Fire Nation.", I stated.
"First, it was Team AVATAR, they had Aang, second, they were allowed to use their bending abilities and we not and third, they had Lord Zuko, the Crown Prince then! You can't compare us to them!" "I don't. I'm just motivating us.", I grinned. Haku finally gave up arguing with me.

"It's time.", Li said almost not understandable.
"How do you know that?", Haku asked.
"They stopped bombing us. Either they don't have any munitions or they're taking a break or they're waiting for us to come out.", Li explained.
"What if they are waiting for us?"
"Then we are ready.", I answered instead of Li.
We slowly got up, Li at the peak. He gave us a signal, that no one of the IAZO was present. As we were up, we waited for anyone to attack us. But nothing happened. "Maybe they think we're dead.", Haku suggested. "If that's the case, we have another advantage, the surprise moment.", I guessed. 
But luck was not at our side and they suddenly appeared around us. "I guess they didn't have any bombs to attack us.", Haku whispered.
"Maybe. At least we do have more chances to win now.", I answered.
"I thought you were confident that we win."
"As I said, I was only motivating our small group.", I stated.
The last thing, I heard was Haku's sigh then the war began.

I tried to dodge the rogues attacks and tried not to kill them. While the other side of this war tried to kill as many people as they could with and without their firebending. I then tried out the chi-blocking technique, Suri, Ty Lee's daughter taught me, on a young man but it didn't work. So when I got he opportunity, I punched his face and he got down. "Five!", Haku shouted. Li yelled:"Eleven!" I shook my head. Even during a war they are playing games but I joined them, having only nine rogues knocked out. At least I was second. After knocking out seven other rogues, I finally managed to chi-block:"Oh my god! Yes! Finally it works!"

Two seconds didn't pass since I said this sentence and I suddenly felt a sharp pain around my waist. As I looked down, I could see a long blade drilling through my body. My shaking hands slowly moved down to make sure that the blade and blood were real. When I realized that I wasn't dreaming, the blade was twisted out of my body. I immediately got on my knees, not able to deal with the pain. Then the person who stabbed me walked in front of me and dared to kick into my gaping wound. This time I fell on my hands and felt something in my throat. I coughed and saw blood. This wasn't good. I looked up to see a familiar face. My eyes widened and I coughed: "Traitor!"

The last thing I felt was a blow on my head. Then everything went black around me.

Iroh's P.O.V

"Fifteen!", I heard Haku shout. Poor guy, he didn't know that I already had 26 K.O's. I looked for Saira to know how many she had but saw something unexpected.

The world around me stopped moving when I saw Saira getting down on her hands and then her head getting beat with a shovel. Saira fell down, not moving anymore. The man threw the shovel away and started whaling her unconscious body, spreading her blood everywhere. Then I recognized, who it was. It was Chan.

I let go of the rogue, I was just knocking out and ran towards Chan, smacking his face:"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Completely furious, I grabbed his collar and crushed him on the ground. Chan laughed hysterically:"First because she is a hoe, daring to defame me, second, Your Highness, neither you, nor your bloody mother nor your weak grandfather deserve to sit on the throne!"
This time it was enough. I punched Chan one last time, then he fell unconscious. I let go of him, not caring what happened next to him and moved to Saira, who was laying on her stomach. I turned her around, seeing the gaping wound on her body and the blood coming from her mouth. Then I felt her pulse. It was weak but she was alive.

I hurried and carried Saira in my arms carefully to a save place. I signaled Haku that I wasn't able to fight now. He nodded understanding. Soon, I was joined by a doctor. "Your Highness-" "My name is Li.", I interrupted her. She nodded:" This looks very bad."
"Can you help her?"

"I'm afraid, it's too late..."

Hope you liked the chapter! In case you are a Yugioh-fan, please check out my newest story Past and Present!