Chapter 84: Confessions

Iroh's P.O.V

"Can I tell you something?", Haku asked.

I looked at him carefully, thinking what he might tell me. He never asked for permission for telling me something. So why did he now?

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Do you promise that you won't freak out?"

I chuckled:"I promise."

"Okay.", he took a deep breath,"Rin is at your place."

"What?", I asked shocked,"Why is she at my place? I thought Saira told her off."

"Well she did. And we were both present when she did but-"

"Saira is alone with her ", I just realized and turned to Haku,"My wife is alone with that woman! Why the fuck didn't you tell me?"

"Whoa! You promised that you won't freak out!", he answered shrugging.

I sighed and calmed down:"Fine. Why didn't you tell me that Rin was at ours?"

"It was a surprise."

"Surprise? She tried to kill my family, Haku! Don't you think that you should have told me? What if she tries to kill her again? Is that the reason why you asked Saira here too? To meet Rin?"

"First of all, yes, I did. If I told you two that Rin was coming, Saira wouldn't have come at all."

"Of course she wouldn't. Not after all what happened. Why did you let that happen?"

"Because Rin changed. When she visited me she was...truly sorry. She regrets everything, Iroh."

"How would you know? You never noticed that she was with Amon."

"Because I still love her, Iroh. She had pain in her eyes. It wasn't Rin's fault at all. It was mine, I was away the whole time and she was alone."

"This isn't an excuse, Haku. You know she betrayed us, betrayed you."

"Well not every woman is that picture perfect like Saira!"

"I wasn't talking about her-"

"Of course you weren't", he simply laughed,"You love to show off your damn perfect wife!"

"Haku-"

"No man! I know how she is! The perfect woman who is a perfect princess with a perfect husband and perfect children. She does everything to keep the Fire Nation's honour and reputation as well as your desires that she has to satisfy! Not every man is as lucky as you! But you just don't understand it because you always lived in that bubble. Everything had to be just the way His Royal Highness liked! You never had to work hard to archive what you wanted! You don't know how it is to be the third wheel and the guy whose best friend is the goddamn bastard Prince Iroh!"

My fist reacted faster as I did. I had punched Haku, who was traggered backwards, blood streaming from his nose.

"I never asked you to befriend me, understand? I dunno what the fuck is wrong with you but you better get back to normal!"

"Or what? Your Royal Highness? Will you ban me? Will you put me behind the bars? What are you going to do, huh?"

"Haku stop."

"Do you want to know what's wrong? Should I tell you why I'm like this?"

"Yes.", I said calmly.

He took a deep breath and looked away. I was sure that whatever he was going to tell me, it was uncomfortable for him.

"I love Saira."