Chapter 25: Love the way you lie

Saira's P.O.V

The next morning I woke up next to a sleeping Li. His scent tickled my nose. My hand was resting on his cheek while his was laying on my hip. I looked at him carefully. He looked so young and carefree although he had a very stressful day. It was not easy not lead a whole fleet. He seemed so practiced and professional in his job. I loved the man, who was laying next to me especially because he could handle me with that calmness. Seriously if I was him, I would have slapped me a few times. Suddenly my eyes found a clock. It was quarter past five in the morning.
Quarter past five?!?
We needed to be at work at six!
"Li! Li!",I whispered and shook him gently. He groaned and pulled me into his arms, kissing my forehead. I let out a sigh and tried to get out of his arms but I didn't success.
"Li we need to get ready!", I said impatient. Then he finally opens his golden eyes, peering into my golden-green ones.
"Really? What for?", he  said yawning.
"Don't act as if you don't know. Work is waiting."
"Didn't I tell you? I guess I have forgotten. We have two weeks off.", he said calmly.
I sighed in relief and let myself fall back:"Couldn't you tell me that earlier?"
"As I said, I have forgotten it.", he said and kissed my forehead.

I then rolled over and sat on top of him and looked him into his bright eyes:"How about breakfast?"
"It's too early.", he said, sitting up and running his hands my thighs up and down,"I love your legs."
I chuckled and ran my fingers through his hair:"Finally someone appreciates them. I work really hard to make them look that great."
I looked down at him for the first time. Li was taller than me and so he was always looking down at me. Not this time.
I let my lips melt with his, while his tongue explored my mouth. Heat immediately rushed up my cheeks but I didn't care. Our hands were exploring each other's body now.
But suddenly both of us stopped. I knew it was wrong, what we were about to do and I guess Li knew too.
"Touching allowed?"
"Always", I mumbled and stood up.
"Your cheeks are red."
"I know.", I said, sticking my tongue out like a little kid.
"What are we going to do now?", he asked.
"I am making breakfast, you are going to take a shower."
"How about you?"
"I will take a shower when I'm back home."
"As you wish, Lady Saira", he saluted and both of us laughed.

Li stood up and walked into the bathroom.
I smiled and walked downstairs. Then coldness hit me like a punch. I hated coldness. Then I walked around and looked for the heating and turned it on. I warmed myself with some firebending techniques, I learned from Fire Lord Zuko.
I boiled water to make some tea because I knew Li enjoyed drinking tea. Well better said he liked it more than coffee, while I avoided tea. I was more a coffee person since I needed the energy.
Li's kitchen was pretty empty but I wasn't complaining since he wasn't at home that often.
Fortunately I found some eggs, toasts and bacon. But before I could start, I heard a knock on the door. I ignored it at first but then the knock got angrier. I wasn't sure what to do.
"Li? Li!", I called out.
"What is it?", he yelled from the shower.
"Someone's on the door!"
"Just open it! It must be Haku!"
I did as he said but hen I opened the door, I did not see Haku. A young man, younger than Li was standing outside impatiently.

"Who are you?", the boy asked.

"I'm Saira. Who are you?"

"You don't know?"

I shook my head.

"Are you from the Fire Nation?"

I nodded.

"Why don't you know me? Ah, don't say anything, it's okay. My name is Lu Ten. Prince Lu Ten.", he introduced.

I stood there, frozen, not knowing what to do.

Bow.

I did what my instinct told me:"It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Highness."
"Thank you, Miss."

"May I ask you a question, Your Highness?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Why are you here?"

"I'm visiting my older brother, Iroh."

"Prince Iroh?"

"Yes, he lives here. He prefers this small house instead of the mansion."

I still didn't understand what was going on. The words still didn't proceed.
Then I saw Li coming down. His Highness immediately hugged Li:"Hey Iroh, big bro! How are you? You didn't tell me about your stunning girlfriend. I was very surprised seeing her."
I looked at Li, I mean, Iroh. I was shocked. He hid such an important information from me. He was standing in front of me now.
"Saira, I can explain everything jus-"

Iroh's P.O.V

"How long did you think of keeping this from me? ", she yelled.
"Saira-"
"How long, huh? And how did you think of keeping it from me further? The whole world knows, who you are Iroh! Sooner or later I would've found out! "

"I was about to tell you. I was just waiting for the right time."

"Right time? We have known each other at least since five months and you are telling me that you were waiting for the right time? When is the right time for you Iroh?"

"I wanted to tell you soon."

Saira laughed sarcastically.
Lu Ten was about to say something but I shook my head, gesturing him not to do or say anything, since it would make the situation worse.

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you hide your identity from me?"

"Because you didn't care about anything! I told you I was wealthy but you didn't care. You said you are not impressed by status nor do you want to impress people with it. I enjoyed it, when you treated me like an actual human being and not like Crown Prince Iroh II of the Fire Nation. I wanted to know how it is to be normal and you treated me like I was. I was afraid you might treat me different because of my identity."

"You are right, Iroh. Because I have to treat you different, since you're going to be the Head of State one day! It's my duty as Fire Nation citizen!"

"You don't have to!"

"I have to.", Saira said sadly,"I love you, Iroh. More than you think. But I can't do this, I'm sorry."

She kissed my cheek and was about to leave but I grabbed her hand.

"Are you breaking up with me because I'm royal?"

Saira kissed me one last time and answered:"I have no other choice. It was an honour to meet you, Your Highnesses but I need to leave now."

She bowed and left like a common Fire nation citizen.