Chapter 81: Whem dreams come true

Saira's P.O.V

I was laying on my back with closed eyes. Then I felt a hand running down my right side and my eyes shot open. Next to me, I saw Iroh. He kept staring at me with his golden eyes and laid his lips on mine.

"See? It helped.", he said lifting up my arm so I could look at it,"I told you that Katara would heal all your injuries."

I smiled and nodded. He then sat up and I did too. With his eyes he scanned my body and locked back with my eyes.

"Do you remember how you used to get lost in my eyes?"

"I remember and I still do.", he smiled.

We sat in front of each other and just kept staring. It was as if he was searching for something. It was weird. This was my first dream since days and I was happy that Iroh was a part of it. I was happy that it was a beautiful dream and not a nightmare.

"How have you been during my absence?", he suddenly asked.

"I was fine."

"Did he...", his voice trailed off.

"No, he didn't. That's why I look like this." I chuckled.

"You shouldn't have."

"Should I have let him rape me?"

"No.,"he paused for a moment,"You shouldn't have done this for me."

"What?"

"Sacrifice yourself."

I laughed:"I didn't do it for you."

"Who then?"

"I did it for myself. I knew that if he had killed you, I wouldn't have been able to move on. I wouldn't have forgiven myself.", I said and felt a tear rolling down my cheek,"I can't imagine you dead because it just hurts too much. It may sound sappy, I know. But you don't know how much pain it causes to think about it."

"And you think splitting was a better idea?"

"At least, I knew you are safe.", I shrugged.

"What do you want for lunch?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Did Zen give you something to eat? If yes, what?"

"No, he didn't. It was one of the punishments."

"If you don't eat on your own, I will feed you."

"No, I'm fine."

"I want to know everything that happened when you disappeared. Got it?"

I nodded:" I was woken up by a splash of ice cold water. I gasped for air and tried to keep calm. Then I looked around and saw nothing but darkness and a ray of light, that was coming from a door crack. I didn't know where I was and I was looking for you but you weren't there. I immediately started to bibber, it was cold. Then I noticed that I was tied on a chair. Out of nowhere, a silhouette appeared in front of me. I couldn't say who it was and I asked what the person wanted but instead of answering my question, the silhouette slapped me and I thought that my head was ripped off for a second. Then it grabbed my hair and pulled it down so I had to look up. It then told me that it had been waiting for me since decades and that I betrayed it."

I paused for a moment and then continued:" As I realized who it was I felt a sudden anxiety. It was Zen. As I told him that I thought he was dead, he punched me and yelled that I was wrong. It kept going on like this until he asked about you. He threatened that he would murder you because I would think of you. He told me that this was my punishment. I then begged for your life."