Chapter 87: Faded

A/N: Here's another wonderful art of Iroh and Saira by the incredible ntia1234 . I still can't thank you enough for this incredible work!!!

I really miss TLoK. I miss Bolin. He was my favourite character after Iroh. He made the show so much cuter!

Saira's P.O.V

The sky was shining in a bright blue and no cloud was seen. I was on Ember Island, on the volcano. I felt a cool breeze blowing through my hair and enjoyed the energy of the sun, which was flowing through my veins. I walked a little further and heard kids giggle. I looked around to see a little boy and a little girl. The boy had pitch-black hair and the girl auburn, the male around six and the female around ten. It's been my brother, Taemin and me when we were kids. They were running up to their secret cave, which little Saira had shown little Taemin. I followed them and smiled.
We had no worries back then.
The water looked as if million diamonds were on its surface because of its reflection and shining. I stood behind the two little children, who were giggling and heard a sucking sound.

"There it is Saira!", little Taemin said exciting.

"Tae! That's too dangerous!", Saira worried.

"It's nothing! If you can do that, I can do that too!"

"I'm older than you!"

"And I'm a boy! I can do anything!"

Little Saira rolled her eyes but was still worried. But she decided to let him do whatever he wanted to. And if anything happened, she'd help him, wouldn't she?

They watched the vortex, Taemin with excitement and I horrified. She had done this many times, jumping into the vortex but she didn't have to worry that someone else was in danger. What if the water pulled him down? Taemin wasn't that good in swimming as she was.

"Are you ready to watch me having fun, Saira?"

As a child, I was always here. And once in three months this spectacle happened and I didn't know why. It was lots of fun jumping into the water while it was nearly killing me. It was like a merry-go-round but also dangerous for those who hadn't experience.

"I'm jumping now! 3, 2, 1!", he didn't finish the countdown and jumped into the moving water. His laughs suddenly turned into screams and the water from blue into blood red. Taemin was not the little boy anymore, he was grown up and yelled my name. Little Saira was gone and I was the only one standing here, the only one, who could help. But then, he was quiet all of a sudden. I looked down, he was in the eye of the blood red vortex, his eyes staring at me. The atmosphere was depressing and the sky was pitch black. I tried to move but I couldn't. But then somehow, I managed to. I jumped from the edge of the volcano into the water tornado. But something was strange. I couldn't reach my brother. I was in the water, swimming but he was sinking. I tried to reach him but I couldn't. The distance grew more and more until the darkness gobbled him completely. Only his golden green eyes were seen and the taste of iron was on my tongue. I tried to swim faster but something pulled me back to the surface. I was back on the volcano, panting. My brother was seen nowhere. The blood red water had taken him with it. I yelled his name and screamed desperately but no one answered me. I wiped away my tears and noticed that my hand was red. I turned my hand around and looked at my whole arm, then at my body. I was covered with blood from head to toe but I couldn't wipe it away, no matter how much I tried.