~~Ayato's P.O.V.~~

He stood alone in the dark, looking upon the sky glittered with countless of stars and a round object to illuminate the darkness of the night.

Numerous thoughts passed through his head and mixed feelings were felt—thoughts of his guilts and feelings he were unable to express when he still could. Exhaling a depressing sigh, the vampire closed his eyes solemnly before he returned inside.

I fluttered my eyelids open out of shock.

A void of darkness greeted me, telling me it was midnight. I usually would not sleep at a time like this unless I was haunted by maddening nightmares every single day to the point of insomnia.

I arose from my iron maiden, sweat trickling off my forehead and dropping onto my thighs. The nightmare I'd been embracing flashed through my head, breaking my dead heart.

A shattered glass. The scream of that day. The hands of the clock moving reversely.

——the pink sheets stained in dark red.

I felt the urge to puke, covering my mouth with a hand to stop myself.

The red-haired vampire had a frown planted on his face. All of the brothers were gathered in the dining room for the monthly dinner party. Just looking at his face made the others lose their appetites but what could they do? It wasn't like complaining to a vampire in that state would do a thing, right?

Before he finished his meal, he stood up and disappeared in an instant. Reiji let out a sigh, "Good grief."

Walking down the hallway of this cursed mansion, I sought a place where I could calm myself down—a place where the remnants of her could not reach.

"Ayato."

And yet, you called out to me with that intoxicating voice of yours.

I was immediately frozen in place, unable to move an inch. My entire body shook and I was frightened, sweat dripping of me. I was terrified yet I dared myself to look behind—to see you standing right before me with gentle eyes staring straight into my tainted soul.

I felt as if I had gained the ability to take flight. I ran and ran, reaching out my hands towards you but in the end, you disappeared and left me all alone.

My body collapsed to the ground, emitting a raging scream out of my burning throat.

A silver-plated glass in his hand, he was drinking the night away in hope he could erase the unbearable guilt weighing his chest. Though no matter how much he drank, he still remained sober and awake. He slammed his fist against the table that it almost broke into two, followed by throwing the glass into the wall and watched it shattered into millions of pieces.

He watched the wine slowly dripping down the wallpaper, looking as if it was a blood.

Ah, how much did he miss her.

I still remembered the innumerable scars I engraved upon her body.

It was a sinful affection of ours that even God ridiculed of yet we held our thin bond so dearly.

I still remembered the amount of blood spilled on that day and the corpse laying atop the red-stained sheet.

And no matter how many times I smiled as I embraced her corpse——

Ayato was walking down the park at night, seeking a certain someone. He kept pursuing her figure, unable to stop himself even though he knew the truth. He needed her, he was desperate of her. That craving of his was strong enough to tremble even the moon.