~~Midnight Mystery~~ •Reiji•

The clock struck midnight, allowing the two of us to kiss.

We faced each other and smiled, dancing through the ballroom which had become ours then.

~ ~ ~

I gazed into the window before me, birds were landing on a tree our house had. I couldn't help but smile, those two lovebirds looked adorable.

Behind me was my mom who was eating her breakfast before going to work.

My hair fell upon my face, blocking my view though I had no will to return them to their previous place. I stayed silent, looking through my strands of hair to the street before our house.

"I'm going, take care of the house, [Y/N]." Her voice echoed and I only returned her a nod.

Suddenly, the cool atmosphere accompanying me had to be broken by an unwanted star. The clouds flew away from the radiant sun, letting its light shone to its limit.

I despised the sun. One of the reasons why I couldn't stand the day.

I stood up from my position and got my hair away from my face. I walked towards my room barely lit with anything.

~ ~ ~

I had a memory I wouldn't be able to forget for eternity. I wasn't exaggerating anything, I told the truth. Though it wasn't something I could be grateful of. That memory was a curse.

I stared at my phone, my eyes held no particular emotion. I didn't even know what I had been seeing in this site, I only wanted the clock to show 12 AM.

My eyes closed for a moment, I needed to let them rest. I did nothing but lock myself in my own room for the entire day, playing my phone.

My head was touched by a very cold hand before my eyes could get an appropriate rest.

I slammed them open, only to see the familiar chest of a man I knew so well.

"Welcome home, [Y/N]."

His deep yet comforting voice reached my ears, enough to let my tears pour.

"Reiji..." I jumped into his arm, holding him tight like there was no tomorrow.

"Stand up, [Y/N]. Let's go to my room first, I'll make us tea."

I was forced to let go of him. Though I knew he wasn't going anywhere so I let him lead me through the mansion.

Such a nostalgic place it was.

We passed through hallways I had seen hundred of times and rooms I had visited during my days here.

Right now, I wasn't a part of this world. I no longer existed.

Or was it the other way around?

"[Y/N], stop daydreaming."

I blinked a few times when he spoke with that stern tone of his before smiling sheepishly.

The scent the tea had was very calming, he knew just what I needed.

"Reiji, I love you."

"I know."

He took my face into his hand, leaning in and gave me a kiss I desired. I put his precious teacup on the table before wrapping my hands around his neck, deepening the kiss.

As we walked through the rose garden, a thought I had been pondering over and over again slipped out of my mouth.

"I wonder for whose sake this ability of mine existed."