~~To Evanesce~~ •Ruki•

Not bothering to start a conversation with you, Ruki flipped the page of his thick leather-bounded book.

Even though he was the one who called you into his room, he left you standing right there, in front of him.

A frown was obviously planted on your face. You felt a little too uneasy in his chamber. You couldn't even move an inch and tried your best not to do anything that could annoy the vampire.

The only noise echoing in the room was the sound of paper being flipped. Each time he flipped the page, the anxiety inside of you increased.

Now, how long had it been since you first entered the room?

You let out no noise, you barely move, you breathed silently.

Could it be Ruki didn't notice your presence?

No, of course not. Ruki wasn't that kind of person, was he?

Your legs were begging for a rest. Maybe you already stood for an hour then. And for the first time, you exhaled a sigh.

"Hm..."

You went wide-eyed.

"What are you doing there, livestock?"

"W-What...?"

Ruki looked up from his book and had his eyes on you. You had a confused expression written on your face, along with the uneasiness and exhaustion.

Ruki scoffed before smirking, "You really are amusing, aren't you?"

"What... do you mean by that?"

"Sit."

"Huh?"

Ruki pointed to his bed. Not wanting to make him wait, you quickly sat on the soft bed of his. You felt grateful you finally got to sit.

He closed his book shut and gently put it on the table. He stood up and headed towards you.

For some reason, what he did made your heart raced.

He exhaled a sigh as he sat right beside you.

"Why do you think you were called here?"

"Uh... because I did something wrong?"

"What did you do?"

That one, you couldn't answer.

Ruki chuckled, "You don't realize your mistake? Even after I let you stand there in front of me for an hour? I gave you the chance to think about your mistake. Why couldn't you answer me?"

You frowned, avoiding to meet his gaze and stared at his white bed sheet instead. You replayed everything you did that day in your head and no matter how hard you try to remember, you couldn't find anything wrong. Was Ruki only teasing you?

A few minutes passed and no noise were made during that time.

"I'm sorry but I really don't remember making any mistake."

You still refused to face him and continued staring at the sheet. You could see him shifted his body to a better position and before you knew it, he had his hand gently cupping your face.

That sudden action made you look up at him, "R-Ruki–!?"

A kiss.

The dark-haired vampire leaned in and gave you a kiss. A very gentle one. Your eyes were wide-opened and you couldn't move.

Time passed but Ruki still hadn't pulled away. You closed your eyes and slowly kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"[Y/N]." Ruki whispered as soon as your lips separated.