~~To Evanesce #2~~ •Ruki•

Sitting on the soft green grass, a smile was displayed on your faces.

You could clearly see fishes swimming inside the river and there was a small bridge connecting your side to the other side of land.

Ten months of peaceful life you led had passed.

You and the vampire resided in the outskirt of a town.

Could be said that it was a town in the middle out of nowhere.

He exhaled a sigh of relief as he pulled you closer. You rested your head on his shoulder, holding his hand in yours.

"[Y/N], what do you want for dinner?" He questioned. "Hm~ how about vongole bianco?" You suggested.

"Vongole bianco? That's rare."

"I don't know, it's been quite some time since we last ate it and it reminds me of the time I spent in the Mukami mansion, it just feels nostalgic..."

Ruki stared at you who was staring at the body of water with a smile on your face, "Do you miss them?"

"Yeah," You nodded, "But doesn't Ruki miss them much more than I do?"

Ruki stayed silent for awhile and looked up at the sky, "Yes, I miss them. I wonder if they can take care of themselves. Who cooks for them? If Kou does, they'll be eating vongole bianco everyday then." You laughed upon imagining Yuma vomitting Kou's favourite food.

"...but time feels so fleeting when I'm with you." Ruki held back your hand, "I'm sure they're alright."

You gazed at Ruki and found a quite depressed look on his face causing you to frown.

"Ruki..."

Ruki looked at you and smiled, "Shall we go inside?"

Both you and Ruki lived in a cottage. It wasn't big but at least, it was spacious enough for the two of you to live comfortably.

Ruki thought he'd have regretted leaving his brother and betraying him. But he didn't feel a single guilt. Maybe he had been way too selfish for a mere half-vampire.

He stared at you, his smile vanishing. You had your back facing him as you made your way towards where the two of you spent days and nights in. He saw the smile you possessed, thinking how he had never seen something more beautiful than that.

He scoffed to himself the moment he realized what he was thinking about. That was a very exaggrated line, wasn't it?

'But I can't deny that.'

You, a human woman who captured that cold-hearted man of a vampire. What sort of magic did you cast upon him?

He smiled, releasing a sigh, "What exactly am I worrying about?"

"Huh? Did you say something, Ruki?" You turned around and saw him who was still a few feet away from you.

"No, it's nothing." With his smile still on, he approached you and wrapped his arms around your waist.

~ ~ ~

'Ruki had always been a very silent sleeper, hadn't he?'

You were lying on your back beside Ruki who slept with his arms serving as a pillow beneath his head, even though there was already one.

You had slept with him a lot of times but still, you couldn't believe how quiet he was during it.

Well, he used to have frequent nightmares a long way before but that was only about it. He breathed very silently, it was like sleeping with a corpse.

diabolik lovers drabblesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें