~~Beauty and the Beast~~ •Yuma• AU

The lightning struck and the rain poured hard, everything was dissolved in darkness except a certain castle bathed in artificial light.

The light it emitted was astonishing, it was a castle filled with only glamour and wealth. As well as arrogance and callousness.

As the folks eagerly danced and sang, the windows suddenly opened and the storm invaded.

All the candles ceased, gasps of shock resounding.

Confronting the crude intruder, the Young Prince dismissed the old lady who offered him a brilliant red rose and ridiculed her.

Do not be fooled by the appearances for beauty is found within.

And the next thing he knew, everyone and everything he grew up with had ceased.

The castle was cursed and no memory of it remained.

The prince had been turned into a vile beast for the lady had seen he bore no love in his heart.

The enchanted red rose she offered was the only thing he had left, picking it up with care as he recalled her last words.

If he could learn to love another and earned the love himself by the time the last petal dropped, the spell would be broken. If not, he would stay a beast forever and the castle would be doomed.

As years passed, the prince fell into despair and misery.

Because who could ever learn to love a beast?

*****

In a small town by the forest, there lived a beautiful young lady different from anyone elses.

She gazed into the vast land with longing eyes, hoping there would come a day where she could escape her boring daily life and lived like the heroine in all the books she had read.

For she grew up in a tiny as well as outcasted village far from the city, she had been ridiculed for reading a book every single day and called mean names.

She got used to it though couldn't help but wished for a place where she could belong.

The book she held gently in her hands was a peculiar book. It had always been her favourite ever since she read the first page.

In the middle of her reminiscence, a disturbing voice reached her ears.

Oh, take a look at her mood. It was all ruined and sour now.

"Chichinashi, there you are!"

She flinched, pretending they weren't there.

"Hey, do you think she didn't hear me?" She could hear him whisper to his companion.

"Tch, do you think I know? Find out yourself!" He grumbled under his breathe.

"You're so useless," The male rolled her eyes and approached the girl, "Oi, chichinashi! Can't you hear oresama's amazing voice calling out to you?"

Again, there was no respond.

"Chi-chi-na-shi!" He spelled, finally bending down and took a seat beside her, "Oi, have you gone deaf 'cuz of reading too many books?"

"Are you talking to me?" She finally looked at him and replied, "I'm sorry but my name is [Y/N] the last time I checked. If you still refuse to call me that, I'll ignore you until you learn to do so. Well then, excuse me."

Before he could digest everything she said, she had stood up and walked away like they were never there.

"Hehe, you've been rejected again." His friend laughed.