~~Alice in Wonderland~~ •Laito• AU

Alice is searching for love.

The girl in her first year of high school changed the school sandals into her own shoes, exiting the school with a smile plastered on her face.

People had always referred to her as Alice in Wonderland for her looks and wild curiosity; there were a few who decided to call her Alice regardless of what her name was.

Walking by the riverbank and admiring the orange sky for a few seconds, she decided to take a seat beneath the tree and spread open her newly bought novel.

The smell of papers and wind mixed together brought a comfortable smile upon her face, eyes travelling through words and deciphering them.

In the corner of her eye, the [H/C] girl could spot something white though ignored it since she thought it would disappear.

Though after three more pages, it hadn't seemed to move an inch.

Curiosity conquered her desire to read, round eyes meeting a rabbit clothed in white fur carrying a pocket watch.

Book held in one hand, she stood on her own two feet and started marching towards the rabbit. It was silent at first, not budging at all and looked as if it was a statue though the theory was proven wrong when it suddenly jumped as soon as she was only a few steps away.

"H-Hey, wait!" She gasped, running after the said rabbit. Her eyes widened as the animal stopped for a moment and glanced at her before resuming its run through several trees.

Brown and yellow leaves fluttering around her, she stood in front of a hole hidden beneath a tree's trunk where the rabbit had gone inside earlier.

It looked somehow deep and it piqued her interest as well as curiosity. Looking around to make sure there was no witness, she nodded to herself before entering the said hole.

"W-Wha--!?" A gasp left her dry lips as she felt herself being sucked into the hole and fell——

— ❤︎ —

Silence.

It was a space devoid of any sound but her unceasing scream with a glimmer of light far beneath down below.

How could a hole with such depth exist nearby?

Nevermind that, what was she going to do to survive the landing!?

With her eyes shut tight and book clutched in front of her chest, she braced herself for the impact--

Wait, what was that fluffy thing her butt landed upon?

"Eh?" She voiced her confusion and fluttered her eyelids open, bewildered as she learned she was on top of a huge sunflower. Her hand grabbed a strand of vine and helped herself down, looking back and forth for the mysterious rabbit.

"Where could it have gone?" She questioned herself and travelled the room further. "Hm? What's this bottle?"

"Eat me, it said...?" She raised an eyebrow, "What does it do?"

After a quick glance around the room, she noticed there being a very tiny door spread wide open as if it was telling her to enter. The only conclusion she could pull was that she had to eat the said sugarcube contained in the weird bottle in order to be able to enter.

Doing so, she was shocked of its extraordinary flavor. It was unusually sweet and within the next few moments, she shrank into the size of a rat without her realizing.

"H-Huh?" She observed herself as well as her surroundings, "When did the bottle grow so big?"

Her eyes met the door which was then her size and widened her eyes, 'I shrank?'