~~Unyielding Tenacity~~ •Ayato• AU

In this world where there was not an appropriate definition of right or wrong,

Two warriors stood proud and tall, carrying unwavering will within them.

The world did not discriminate between races. Whether you were a human, vampire, demon or such, only the strong could stand and survive. The weak should not get in the way, letting themselves be protected or drop dead was their only choice.

His body covered in armor, green eyes glimmering with flare and hair as red as the flame he created upon his enemy.

His name was no other than Sakamaki Ayato.

"Treat the wounded and prepare to retreat! Make haste, we don't have much time!"

His loud voice boomed, alarming the soldiers with his announcement.

"General Ayato,"

A soldier made a sudden appearance in front of the vampire, saluting before him.

"We have just received an information from General Reiji that a group of the opposing kingdom has infiltrated our territory, Sir!"

His eyes grew wide as he clenched the sword held in his left hand tighter though he kept his composure.

"Lieutenant General [Y/N], you shall go back to our temporary base immediately."

Aware of the situation, you stood by his side already, performing a salute before responding the vampire general, "Understood, Sir."

He nodded, silently telling you to go.

You rode your horse back to the place he had assigned you to. A sigh chose to leave your lips no matter how hard you tried to suppress it.

It had been a very tiring series of weeks. The opponent was the neighbouring kingdom who used to have a good connection with your own. Although everything was proven to be fake.

Your country was wealthy and prosperous, not to mention abundant in its natural resources. To think that greed had consumed their land to its very core... It didn't once cross your mind.

But the world was full of surprises and the unexpected.

Beings possessing heart, mind and free-will had evil in the depth of their heart. It was their own choice to let them develop, turning them into disgraces or suppress them, leading theirselves into a life free of transgessions. Though even if they chose to halt their malevolent, the devil would still infiltrate their hearts through the slightest crack and spreaded evil themselves.

Truly, life was so complicated.

"It's Lieutenant General [Y/N], lower your weapons!"

What a warm welcome.

"Where might General Reiji be?"

"Right here," A soldier of rank Colonel led you the way to an especially big tent where the said vampire resided.

"General Reiji, Lieutenant General [Y/N] has arrived." The Colonel spoke with audacity.

Reiji looked up from the maps and books scattered on the table, "Very well, you may leave."

"Yes, Sir."

"Right into the business, the group I talked about has been defeated. It took lesser time and effort than I had expected."

"There is nothing for me to help with then."

"No, there is." Reiji shook his head as he adjusted his glasses, "We caught one of them and are in process of interrogating him."