~~Beauty and the Beast #3~~ •Yuma• AU

"How did this happen?" The teapot sighed, pouring hot water for her to soak the rag in.

Back at the Beast's lair during dawnbreak, the silhouette of a young human girl sitting by the bedside and treating the wounds of a beast could be seen from the outside as the sun slowly climbed the sky.

"Please don't do that." The girl pleaded, seeing the Beast licking his own wounds. She took his arm into her hand though he growled in return, silently telling her to go away. She growled back in a similar manner and forced him to stay still, touching the wound with the rag.

"That fucking hurts!!!" The Beast roared in pain, a profanity escaping his mouth.

"Yuma!" Reiji exclaimed, "You are a prince, where is your manner of speaking!?"

She heard it again, the talk of a prince. She wanted to ask so bad and satisfy her curiosity though she knew it wasn't the right time to do so.

"Just stay still, it won't hurt as much." She said as softly as possible and pressed the rag again but the Beast still struggled and growled.

"Would you please hold still?" She raised her voice, her patience slowly but surely running out.

"Well, if you hadn't run away, this wouldn't have happened!" He suddenly exclaimed.

"Well, if you hadn't frightened me, I wouldn't have ran away!" She retorted, "Besides, didn't you tell me to get out?"

"I told you to get out of the west wing, not the freaking castle!"

"Yuma!" Reiji exclaimed, "Freaking is also forbidden."

"You should really learn to control your temper." She sighed and soaked the rag again.

Yuma wanted to retort back but he had nothing more to say, pouting as he sat in silence waiting for her to treat him.

"Now, hold still. This will probably sting a little..." She warned before applying the rag, earning a grunt from the Beast as she did.

"Thank you for saving me."

Yuma opened his eyes and looked surprised, averting them somewhere but he figured he should say something in return, "...you're welcome."

*****

"Is Yuma-kun asleep?" Kou questioned, climbing the bed but failed. She chuckled before helping both him and Azusa up, the two of them standing beside the sleeping beast.

"Say, there is something I want to ask you."

"What is it?" Azusa asked.

"Is he..." She glanced at him, "Is Yuma a prince?"

The candelabra and the clock looked back and forth between each other hesitantly until the teapot heaved a sigh, deciding to speak, "This will be long, I hope you brace yourself for the truth."

*****

Hours passed and the Beast had woken up; there they sat on the dining table enjoying the breakfast prepared.

It was silent at first though the situation was by no means awkward. Reiji had noticed the tension clouding the two of them ceasing, relieved for they were closer to salvation.

"Does the wound still hurt?" The human girl questioned after swallowing the piece of bread she chewed, lifting her chin to face the Beast.

Yuma stared at her for a second before looking away and answered, "Kind of."

The girl nodded and focused back on her food though her mind was elsewhere. The teapot had told her the truth behind this enchanted castle and how exactly was the prince turned into such a beast. It wasn't something you could accept easily unless you were crazy but after exposed to plenty of strange things and dangers, it just became normal.