~~Snow White~~ •Subaru• AU

Once upon a time, there lived a lonely prince who went by the name Subaru.

Having lost the figure of a father, his mother remarried to a King of another kingdom. Unbeknowst to her, he was not just any king.

He was vain and wicked, a twisted warlock possessing a magical mirror.

In a secluded room in the palace, the king approached the mirror upon the wall.

Chanting his spells, he called upon the spirit in the mirror. Lightning struck and what seemed like a flash of flame was seen before the mysterious entity revealed itself.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall — who is the greatest one of all?"

The red-haired king questioned the said magical object and soon received an answer of truth.

"You, my King, are the greatest of all. Though do remember that above the sky, there still exists another sky, even fairer and serene."

The King gripped tight his staff, realizing the meaning of those words as he gritted his teeth, "Reveal the identity of someone greater than me!"

"Gentle like the moon, hair as soft as silk and skin as white as snow."

"Subaru!" He exclaimed and the thunders eventually roared.

*****

"I order you to kill the Prince, Subaru and bring back his heart in this Jeweled Box!"

The brunet Huntsman replied the evil King, "Understood, Your Highness."

He took the box upon his hand and set off to find the prince's whereabout.

Amongst the rose garden, there stood a beautiful young man possessing a gorgeous white hair.

With a dagger in hand, he approached the male.

Though as he got closer, he began to bear doubts in his heart. Other than looking so beautiful, the prince meant no harm as well. His gaze was cold but it possessed kindness in it.

Feeling another presence standing behind him, the prince turned around and went wide-eyed upon seeing the dagger, "Y-You are—"

"Run, my Prince!" He whispered, gripping both of his shoulders, "Run to the forest where no one will be able to find you. You're targeted by the King, I will do my best faking your death!"

All the commotion confused him to no end but he still nodded, faintly thanking the taller huntsman as he made his run.

*****

The white-haired noble clicked his tongue, "What's with this forest? Did I enter the wrong forest? It's so dark and creepy, giving me the chills, tch."

"Stop complaining, stop complaining~" A high pitched child-like voice exclaimed from behind him.

"W-What the—!?"

"You'll grow old if you keep doing that, ehehee~"

"WHAT THE FUCK!? Did this mushoom just talk!?"

"No, no!" The red mushroom hit his feet, "Bad words are forbidden!"

"Tch, who cares." He muttered under his breathe and turned around.

After hours of journey, he didn't know how many weird creatures of the wood followed him. Not only were there mushrooms of all colors, there were also frogs and squirrels. And all of them were capable of talking, giving him a headache.

"There, there~ Prince Subaru," The squirrel patted his head, "I will cure your headache!"

"You're only making my head hurts more so stop."