Chapter 2

I ran into school, my head down. I only wanted to get in there, and out as soon as I can. Let’s just say, school’s not my place…

I sighed and I quickly got my books for Literacy. The music started going, signaling that there was 5 minutes til class started.

I walked to class with my books in my hand, an earphone in my right ear and my phone playing Bleed by Hot Chelle Rae.

It’s not long before I hear that annoying voice again…

“Kimberly…” Naomi singsongs as she walks up to me, from behind. I shake my head, trying to get the voice out of my head…. Before I realize, it isn’t in my head… It’s behind me… Shit.

“Naomi…” I mumble as I turn around to face her. “What?”

“Oh, you’re feisty today…” She giggles. “Did what I say to you yesterday, not get through to you?” Naomi walks up to me, and looks at me. I gulp, and step back.

“I-It did…” I stutter, trying to be confident, but all that does is make me look weak… Weaker that I already am…

“Listen here…” She walks closer to me, and I keep taking steps back. “You do as I say, and if you don’t… There will be consequences…” She laughs and stops walking. “You don’t talk to me like that either…” She towers over me, looking straight ahead of her. “Got it?”

“Y-Yes.” I stutter again, my hands shaking weakly.

“Good! Don’t forget it…” She sighs and walks away with her posse.

Well, that wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be… I sighed, and kept walking to class. The music stopped, I was officially late for class again… Not that I really cared or anything, but I do want to get good grades…

---------------

I walked into my class, and took a seat. Luckily the teacher wasn’t in class yet. I looked around the room, and all eyes were locked on me. I sighed silently and opened my Literacy book and got a pen out of my pencil case.

Breaking the silence, the classroom door squeaks as it opens. Everyone starts talking again in there groups, a few giving me a quick stare. In walks Mrs. Wilson with her bag slung over shoulder, eyeing the class. The door slams shut and she places he bag beside the desk and sits down.

“Alright everone…” She sighs, crossing her legs and getting her laptop out her bag. “Do whatever you want!” She smiles and starts to type on her computer.

I shrug my shoulders and open my art book, continuing with the drawing from yesterday.

Finishing my picture, I closed my book and put both my earphones in. I took my iPhone out my pocket and unlocked my phone. Scrolling through my music, I clicked on one that stood out from me… Soon enough, Maneater by Nelly started playing. I closed my eyes and turned up the volume and lay my head on my desk.

-------------

Opening my eyes, I saw that no one was in the room but Mrs. Wilson… Shit.

“Sorry…” I ripped my earphones out of and gathered my books together.

“Go…” Is all she replied, not looking up from her laptop to make eye contact with me.

I rushed out the room, bumping my hip on one of the tables in the room.

“Fuck!” I shout at myself. Everyone went quiet and stared at me in disbelief. “What? Have you never heard someone swear before?” I sighed, running my hands through my hair.