Chapter 52

"Niall, buddy?" Harry asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah mate? Something up?" Niall asks, wearing a worried expression off his face.

"Not at all." I smirk, looking at Harry, edging him to ask Niall.

"Niall, you know, you're like my best friend right?" Harry asks, scratching the back of his neck out of habit. It has to be a recent habit, because I'm only just noticed.

"Yeah, where's this going?" Niall looks at the two of us, worry printed on his face.

"Will you be my best man?" Harry chokes out, Niall's facial expression changing instantly.

"Of course!" Niall laughs, pulling him in for a friendly hug.

I smile to myself, walking over to the other boys in the lounge.

"Kimberly!" Louis exclaims, jumping to his feet.

"Louis!" I laugh, running up to him and hugging him tightly.

Louis has been by my side since I knew him. He's been such a good friend.

Liam sits on the couch, his eyes glued to the TV.

"It has been thought that Esther Parker's murder 5 years ago, and Corey's murder are somehow linked together." The female reporter announces through the screen.

Liam looks at me, his lips parted from one another. His brown eyes stare aimlessly into mine.

"Liam?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows as I crack my fingers. He raises his eyebrows, as to wait for me to keep talking.

"What?" Liam asks slightly confused.

"Where have you been?" I ask Liam curiously.

"What do you mean, where have I been? I've been here." Liam looks at me confused, titling his head to the side.

"Nah, you've been out, like all the time!" I laugh, punching Liam's arm playfully.

He blushes and looks down at his hands.

"There's this girl I know..." Liam smiles, his eyes glowing at the sound of her name. "She's gorgeous, beautiful, admirable. Perfect." I smile at his words and pretend to act shocked.

"I'm getting married to Harry, you can't like me!" I partially whisper in Liam's ear, causing him to throw a disappointed look my way. "Kidding Li, but I'm seriously getting married to Harry! How awesome is this? I'm getting married!"

"Are you serious? Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me? This is amazing news!" Liam smiles, throwing his hands above his head.

I nod violently, a huge smile stretched across my face.

"This is awesome as!" Liam exclaims, seeing more excited about this than I am.

----------------

Everyone's gone to sleep, except Harry and I.

"What do you want to do?" I ask Harry, staring at the black, motionless TV screen.

Harry shrugs, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"We could play a game?" I ask, my eyes focused on the blank screen, my reflection shining from it.

Harry makes an inhuman sound, his head falling to the side slightly.

"Harry?" I whisper, nudging him on the stomach.

He doesn't reply, instead, snores.

I sigh heavily to myself, carefully removing myself from Harry's loose grip.