Chapter 15

I wake up, yawing and stretching, my eyes squinting as they adjust to the light that is shining through the window. Harry is sitting opposite me on the couch.

“Kimmie, I’m so-”

“Shut up and come here you sexy thing.” I smile, gesturing for him to come and lie with me on the couch.

He smiles and slightly giggles. Harry squishes on the couch with me and tugged the duvet over him.

“You don’t need to be sorry to me Harry… I think Niall deserves an apology…” I sigh, looking at Harry. He nods and embraces me in a warm hug. “I missed you Harry.”

“I missed you too Kimmie, but it was for the best…” I nod, agreeing with what he said.

“Harry?” I ask, looking up at him. “I have to tell you something…” I sigh, standing up and holding out my arm, my wrist faced at him.

“Why?” Harry gasps.

“You left me Harry, you promised you wouldn’t but you did…” I rush. “You didn’t have to leave me!” I start to cry, my voice cracking.

“I’m so sorry Kim…”

-------------

“Harry… What about my mum’s funeral?” I ask, tears brimming in the corner of my eyes. I miss her… She could have helped me… All I can see is the disappointment on her face, looking down at me.

“We’re gonna have to go back soon Harry…” I add, looking over at him.

“I know…” He sighs, walking over to me and handing me a bowl of salad. I smiles and put the bowl down in front of me on the coffee table.

“Harry… This is serious! Call your mum! Please, let her know that we’re fine! You’ve already gotten so many missed calls and texts from her! Imagine how she’s feeling!” I reason with Harry, he hasn’t spoken to Anne in weeks.

“Fine...” He sighs, picking up his phone and dialing her number.

“Hi mum…”

“Yes, we’re fine!”

“I promise mum!”

“We’ll come back home soon.”

“I miss you too mum”

“Kimmie? Mum wants to talk to you.” He says, handing me his mobile phone and walking away.

“Anne?!” I smile, biting my lip and waiting to hear her bright, soothing voice…

“Hello Kimberly.” A deep male voice says into the phone. My eyes widen as I drop the phone on the floor and run up to the bedroom, locking the door behind me.

“Fuck… Fuck!” I scream at myself in disbelief of what just happened.

“Yeah, I’ll call you back later mum.” Harry says from the other side of the door. “Kimmie? What happened?” Harry asks, pounding his fist on the wooden door. “Kimmie?!”

“There was…. There was a voice on the phone…” I gulp, holding back my screams from inside of me.

“Obviously…” Harry says sarcastically. I roll my eyes and reply back.

“No Harry… It wasn’t Anne’s voice… It was a man’s…”

He pauses for a moment and it goes silent for a few seconds.

“Let me in and we can talk…” He sighs, banging on the door again.

I unlock the door and Harry walks in… Holding a knife…