Chapter 17

“Harry! Niall!” I shout from my bedroom, lying underneath the duvet with my hear rapidly beating.

“What?” Harry comes running up the stairs and into the room, sitting on the bed and looking at me with fear. “Are you okay?”

“I… I just had the… The worst dream again…” I panic, my breathing slowly returning to it’s normal beat.

“Kimmie!” Harry sighs, placing a hand to his chest. “You scared the shit outta me!”

Niall and Shyanne come running in and look at me, wondering what’s wrong.

“Oh my gosh…” Shyanne gasps, her eyes wandering my wrist. I roll my sleeves down and roll over, my face dug into the pillow. I close my eyes and try to get to sleep.

“Goodnight beautiful.” Harry whispers, kissing my hair as he walks out the room.

“Night Kimpoo.” Niall smirks, kissing my head as well.

Shyanne stays silent and Niall starts talking to her.

“You alright?” Niall asks, his thick Irish accent sounding strong.

“Yeah, I think I might just stay here for a bit…” She sighs, pulling the chair out and sitting on it. Niall walks out and closes the door behind him.

“I know you’re still awake Kimmie.” Shyanne sighs. I roll my eyes and turn over to face her.

“I’m sorry…” I choke out, my words sounding dry and scared.

“Come here Kim.” She says, holding her arms out for a hug, I smile and wrap my arms around her.

“Thank you Shyanne, I’m really sorry.”

I feel her smile and nod a bit.

“I know what you’re going through Kimmie, I just… I never knew it was this serious…” She sighs, looking at the floor.

“Wait, you know what I’m going through?” I ask, a confused look plastered on my face.

Shyanne bites her lip, barely noticeable and nods. “Yes, I do…” She says, rolling her left sleeve up.

“I…But you… What?” I ask puzzled, looking at the scars that sit on her skin.

“Why would a girl like me do this to herself?” She says, I nod and she sighs. “Well, I moved here from Australia, Perth… I got bullied from the start of high school, until year 9. Then I moved here… Well, to Cheshire… Since then, it’s stopped.”

“But you… You’re so beautiful! You don’t deserve this!” I croak, my eyes watering and making my vision blurry.

She smiles and stand up.

“Just know that you aren’t alone Kimmie.” She smiles, and hugs me, walking out the room and closing the door behind her.

I smile and lay my head back on the pillow.

So many thoughts are clouding my brain.

Why was she bullied? There’s nothing to hate about her… Jealousy… They were all jealous fucks.

I close my eyes and try and get some sleep.

“Goodnight guys…” I mumble to myself, falling into a deep sleep.

------------

I walk downstairs still in my pyjama pants and jumper.

“Mmmmm, this smells good!” I smile, walking into the kitchen and seeing Shyanne there, cooking pancakes.