Chapter 53

"Kimberly?" The shadowy figure asks again.

I try to let me eyes adjust to the light, for the benefit of seeing the manly face.

"Who is it?" I panic, my head spinning, so many possibilities running through my head.

"Corey." He stifled a giggle, bring a hand to cover his mouth casually.

His slow movements make me more curious.

"Corey?" I repeat, earning a heavily, delayed sigh from him.

"Yes, I'm fucking Corey." He growls, stepping into my room and closing the door lightly.

"But you..." I slur, pausing as he edges closer to me, his face slowly uncovering from the shadow.

"I died. Blah blah blah." He laughs tauntingly. He leans closer to my body, my heart pounding. "But I'm not dead." Corey states as his face in finally revealed.

To my surprise, it is Corey.

"What are you doing here?" I choke out, his dirty breath blocking my senses.

"I came to say hello, haven't you missed me? Don't say you haven't missed me babe?" He asks, sadness and heartbreak evident in his shaky voice.

"I didn't." I admit, confidence in my voice.

"Liar!" He spits, grabbing me by the throat and wrapping his hands around my neck.

"Tell me you missed me!" He shouts, rage surrounding us.

"I didn't." I choke, finding every opportunity to breathe.

His grip tightens around neck, I can't breathe at all. I start to feel lightheaded.

My eyes close softly and weakly as Corey strengthens his grip.

"I'm back." He whispers before releasing his hands from my throat.

I gasp for air, whipping my eyes open. Natural lights are shining in my room, my door is open, Liam is next to me.

"Ugh." I groan, bringing a hand to the back of my head, closing my eyes almost immediately.

"Are you alright?" Liam asks me, his hand resting on my shoulder.

"Bad dream." I wince as I rub my aching head.

"Bad dream?" Liam repeats unamused. "That made you have a headache?"

"I went out last night." I mumble, opening my eyes and making contact with Liam.

Liam looks although he wants to know more.

"To the club around the corner." I finish, looking at Liam with soft eyes.

"Aspirin?" Liam asks me, reading my thoughts.

I nod and force a tight smile onto my face. Liam leaves for the kitchen, while I sit up in bed, thinking about my previous dream.

My thoughts are disrupted when Liam walks back in, a glass of water in his hand and an aspirin in the other.

"Thanks." I smile, grabbing the pill in my hand and swallowing it, along with a glass of water.

"Tell me about this dream?" Liam asks curiously.

I sigh dramatically and look at him.

"It was Corey. He came back." I reply blandly, waiting for Liam's facial expression to change.

"It was just a dream, he's dead." Liam tries to reassure me, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah, I know, but everything seemed so real." I admit, fiddling with the glass in my hands.