Chapter 36

I stare at the cracked walls, the paint peeling off. I had a dream last night, a dream that everything will be okay.

“Hi!” I smile at the guy behind the desk while walking past.

“Have a good day” He replies as I leave the hotel.

I think about the conversation we just had while I’m in a taxi.

“Turn around!” I exclaim at the taxi driver. He does as I say and parks in the hotel parking. “Wait here!” I run up to the front reception and sigh in relief as I see the same guy.

“Hey, back so soon?” He smiles and looks up at me from his computer.

“Yeah, well… I was wondering if… If you wanted to hang out some time?” I ask him, my body shaking, unnoticeable to others.

“I’d love to!” He smiles and I hand him my number. I open the door to leave just as he says, “I’ll call you!” I smile and nod, before leaving.

----------

My phone starts ringing. I look at the screen to see an unknown number.

“Hey, it’s me… From the hotel?” I smile and laugh a bit.

“I remember you! What’s up?” I ask, a smile creeping on my face.

“I finished my shift, wanna hang out?”

“Of course! I’ll meet you at your house?” I ask him, making sure it’s okay.

“I’ll text you my address!” He says excitedly before hanging up. Soon later an address comes through my phone.

I catch a taxi to the address that was sent to me. After a few knocks on the door, he finally answers.

“Hello? I’m Corey!” He introduces himself to me. I smile and introduce myself to him. He lets me in and goes upstairs to get ready.

I walk around his small apartment. What looks to be family pictures are hung up on the wall.

“Ready?” Corey’s voice scares me from behind. I smile and follow him into his car.

“Where are we going?” I ask him, he just shrugs his shoulders and starts to drive.

Few minutes later, he starts driving up a gravel road. The small rocks hitting the bottom of the car.

He comes to a stop and gets out the car.

“What are we doing?” I ask him as I get out the car.

“Going for a walk, I want to know more about you!” He smiles before locking the car and leading me further up the path.

“So, how old are you?” He asks me.

“I’m 18” I reply back to his question. “Yourself?”

“19” He replies simply. “Where are you from?”

“I’m from Cheshire… And you?” I ask. I find it’s only right to ask him about himself as he asks about me.

“I’m from the city.” He smiles and his hand brushes over mine.

“Sorry” We both say in sync. I smile and the ground and continue walking. Before I know it, we are at a large field of grass.

After running around after each other, laughing and more running, we both burst into a fit of laughter, causing Corey to pin me to the ground.

I look into his eyes, his eyes looking at my lips. In a matter of seconds, his lips come crashing down on mine. I smile as his lips press against mine.