Chapter 32

I wake in the same position as I was in yesterday. My eyes don't open, and I don't have the chance to wake up properly.

Throughout the night, i heard the door open a few times, but brushed it off as it being nurses.

I really hope, that if everyone comes to visit me again today, a different nurse looks after me. The one from yesterday a total bitch.

The door clicks open, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Hi! I'm Lillianne, I'm going to be your nurse from now on." My new nurse, Lillianne introduces herself to me. Even though I can't reply, and she knows that... I think it's nice of her to talk to me. She's already better than the female nurse I had yesterday, and much better than the doctor who came into to check my dressings.

Over the day, she talks to me quite a lot. She never left my room, unless she was on her lunch break, or she had to use the bathroom, but even then, she just went a few rooms down. She's really nice to me.

I've spent most of the day listening to Lillianne, or picturing how she looks.

I imagine her with beautiful, golden-brown hair that shines in the light, light blue eyes with a slightly tan colour to her skin.

But of course, I can't be too sure.

Soon enough, a knock on my door is heard, followed by quite a few pairs of footsteps, all finding their own place in the room.

Lillianne leaves just before they all set themselves down.

"Oh Kimberly!" I hear Anne’s voice sob a little. "What have you done to yourself?"

Oh nothing, just jumped in front of a train in attempt to die, but failed and I'm now in a coma.

"Kimberly, how have you been?" Niall asks me with his thick Irish accent bouncing off the hospital walls.

I mentally scream at myself. I scream because of what I did wrong, why did I fail?

I'm starting to think that I've had way too many chances at life...

"Kimberly... I gave you everything," Harry pauses, swallowing his tears. "Everything that I had, that I have..."

Don't you know that I have you everything back? That I would never give up on you, never leave you...

"What even made you do this?" Harry cries.

What didn't?

"She's in a coma..." Niall mumbles, his comment aimed at Harry. "She can't reply to you." Niall finishes.

"I know." Harry replies.

---------------

Everyone leaves, saying goodbye and leaving me with a kiss on my head.

Lillianne returns back moments later.

"Well that day went by quick!" She giggles. I can't help but imagine her beautiful smile that brightens and brings out her eyes.

I guess she’s right, it did go by fast.

“Your friends seem nice… Is one of them your boyfriend?” Lillianne asks me. I am mentally punishing myself at the moment, for not being able to reply, for failing at my only escape.

“It’s already 9:30, you have to rest now… I’m sure your friends will drop by again tomorrow… Anyway, get some rest for now… I’ll come and check on you later to make sure everything is fine.” She says cheerfully.

Images of Harry, Shyanne and Niall flood my mind. The looks on their faces must have been devastated. Especially for Niall and Shyanne to have seen everything happening…