Chapter 3

A knock on the door makes me freeze in my steps. A voice in my head is telling me to go for it, my body telling me not to.

“Kimmie, someone’s here for you!” She shouts from the front door. I can tell she’s smiling like an idiot.

“Coming!” I shout back, forcing my body to move. I walk downstairs and feel suddenly insecure. Harry’s eyes widen as he see’s me.

Dressed in a dark blue and white checkered shirt, white pants and his brown curls, messy, but sophisticated. So casual...

“Wow…” I hear him whisper to himself. Did I really look that bad? “You look stunning!” He smiles at me and walks towards me, kisses my cheek and takes my hand.

“I’ll see you soon mum!” I smile, excited for the night. We walk out the door, hand in hand.

“Okay, so… The plan for tonight is, we’re gonna go to the movies… Then go back to my house and hang out… Cool?” He asks me, his voice cracking half way through, which I have to admit, is cute…

“Yep!” I smile at him. He lets go of my hand and run to the car parked on the side of the road, and opens the passenger door. “Why thank you!” I giggle as I get in, him doing the same on the driver’s side.

“No worries!” He giggles and we both end up with stitches in our stomachs. “We better be going! Movie starts in 20 minutes!” He starts driving, not too fast, and not too slow.

-------------------

The movie finishes and we both stand up and walk towards the exit.

“So, next stop is my house!” He giggles as he places a hand on my back, guiding me out the cinema.

“Okay!” I smile, after just having a great time and hopefully another one to come!

The car door flies open and I get in, once again. Harry does the same, just as before.

“Did you enjoy the movie?” Harry asks me as he turns the ignition key and starts driving into the darkness.

Nodding frantically and grinning crazily, I finally answer.

“Yes! It was great!”

“That’s good!” He smiles, biting his lip a bit.

I nod in agreement and try to think of ways to strike up a conversation.

“So, um… How long have you been going to this school?” I say as I look at him curious.

“I’m starting tomorrow; I went today for about half an hour… Ya know, just to check it out and see where all my classes where for tomorrow!” He giggles, keeping his eyes on the road.

“What classes do you have?” I ask him again, fiddling with my fingers and cracking them.

“Ugh… Art, History, I think I have music and then a free period! Yourself?” He looks at me, still managing to drive straight.

“ Harry!!” I shout at him, giggling. “Look at the road!”

“Sorry…” He sighs and looks back at the road and continues to drive.

“It’s alright!” I giggle. “I’m pretty sure I have the same as you! Are you in my home group?”

“Umm… I’m in 10B…” He says, still looking at the road.

“Same!” I smile, wiping my hair off my face.

----------------

We finally arrive at Harry’s house and become lost for words.