Chapter 58

“It’s okay…” Harry coos, rubbing my arms with his soft hands. I cry into his chest, tears falling hot against my cheeks.

“I’m sorry…” I admit, glancing over at the knife, thrown on the floor.

“It’s fine.” Harry strokes my head in a calming matter. I use my hand to stop him.

“Harry…” I mutter, sighing heavily.

I hate treating him like this.

“Why are you doing this to me? You knew… You knew I wouldn’t be able to do this!”

Harry lets go of me and walks to the other bed. He has a hurt expression in his green eyes.

“Answer me!” I exclaim, biting my lip. “Please, I need an answer.”

Harry looks at his lap and toys with his fingers.

“For what reason?” The rough tone in his voice surprises me.

“You knew I couldn’t do it, why did you make me?” I ask, desperate for the answer.

“I knew you wouldn’t do it. That’s why I did it.” He replies blankly, his eyes glued to the ground.

“That makes no sense! What if I had have done it? What would you have done if you were rushed to the hospital? Can you imagine the hate I’d get? Do you not understand, that your actions, affect everyone?”

“Exactly.”

“Exactly?” I question, pondering if I heard correctly.

“Yeah, because no matter what, I will love you. Through everything we go through, you will always mean the world to me. Despite the times we’ve hurt each other, whether it be physical or mental, we always go back to each other.”

I stare at him blankly, what is he going on about?

“Which is why I trust you. This might just be another bump in the road, a small one. We can overcome this. We’re going to be married soon. We can’t leave each other yet.”

His eyes seemed to plead with mine.

“You know why? Because I love you. And nothing, will ever take that away from me.”

I try to let the words sink in, but I can’t. Nothing Harry has ever said had sunk in. Nothing anybody has said has sunk in before, not like it has now.

His words are new to me, this is a strange feeling.

Is this what you feel when someone says something that might just mean something?

I sigh. I understand, I get his point… But why this? Out of every way to show me he loves me and doesn’t care if I hurt him, he chose this… Why?

“Kimberly… Say something.”

I can’t form words. My mouth is dry, and I still haven’t taken in his words.

My mind spins in circles as I try to piece it together.

“Kimberly?”

An uneasy feeling rises in the pit of my stomach and I start to take deep breaths.

Harry sighs and I look up, seeing him stand.

He takes a few breaths, before calmly connecting his eyes with mine.

He takes a final glance at me, closing his eyes for a few long seconds. When he opens his eyes, all emotion has disappeared.

“Goodbye Kimberly.”

His voice rung in my ears as he started walking.

It felt like acid, burning through my skin, and within moments I forced myself up. My eyes were glued to his back as he slowly made his way through the doorframe.