Chapter 9

It’s 12:38am and Harry and I are just about to sneak out. I quietly bring my suitcase downstairs and sit it next to Harry’s, beside the front door.

“I can’t believe we’re doing this! I mean... We’re just running away from our problems…” I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck, his hands resting on my waist.

“Having second thoughts?” Harry asks me, looking me in the eye. “Cold feet?”

“No… It’s just… You gave me a home… And we’re running away from it…” I sigh.

“I guess you have a point… But… You agreed to come with me, so…” He looks at me, his cheeky smile gradually appearing on his face.

“Harry…” I smile. “What are you thinking?”

“Nothing… Let’s go!” He smiles and grabs the handle for the suitcase and opens the front door. “After you my lady…” He giggles and holds the door open for me. He turns around, closes the door quietly, the only noise you can hear, the clicking of the front door.

Walking over to the car, I open the boot and chucked my bag in there. “Are you sure about this?” I ask Harry with concern; I cross my arms and sigh.

“Positive” He replies and puts his bag in the boot. “C’mon” He smiles at me and gets in the drivers seat. I nod and hop in the car too. He pulls out the driveway and speeds down the street.

“Harry!” I giggle and turn the radio on. Summer Of ’69 by Bryan Adams started playing. “OMG I love this song!” I smile like crazy and turned the volume up and sang along with it.

“I got my first real six-string, bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it til my fingers bled. It was the summer of ’69… Me and some guys from school, had a band and we tried real hard. Jimmy quit, Jody got married, I should’ve known we’d never get far…” I sing along with the radio, shaking my head around and tapping my fingers at the dashboard.

“Come on Harry!” I tug at his arm. “Sing with me!”

Oh, when I look back now, that summer seemed to last forever! And if I had the choice, Yeah, I’d always wanna be there. Those were the best days of my life…” Harry and I sing together. The song finished not long after, I look at Harry and smile big.

“Thanks babe!” I smile and peck his cheek quickly.

“No worries!” He giggle, slightly blushing at my touch. I yawn and look over to Harry.

“Babe?” I ask him.

“Yeah?” He replies, his eyes glued to the dark road.

“I love you…”

“I love you too”

“How much longer?” I ask him.

“For what?” He asks me confused.

“Ireland…” I reply.

“Ugh, the flight is 45 minutes I think… Umm, we’ll be at the airport in about 1 hour… So, not long at all I guess…” He smiles; I smile back and slide down my seat. “You alright?”

“Yeah… Just a bit cold…” I shiver, rubbing my hands on my arms.

Harry fiddles with the buttons on the car, and hot air starts blowing out the air vents. I smile and look at Harry.

“Thanks, you didn’t have to do that tho…” I giggle.

“I was getting a bit cold too, don’t worry bout it!” He smiles, whilst driving. I smile back at him and grab his free hand. He smiles at me and stops at the red traffic light. He leans over to me and kisses my lips quickly. The traffic light turns green, and he continues driving.