Chapter 6

“Race ya’ home!” Harry laughed as he ran away, me chasing after him.

“Harryyyyy!” I whined as I started chasing him.

We arrived home and sitting on the couch was Anne.

“Hello darlings!” She greets us happily and walks over to both Harry and I.

“Hey Anne.” I smile but Harry stays silent and smiles slightly.

“I’ve gotten your stuff… I made you a room.” She looks at me nervously.

“You didn’t have to! I was happy with the spare room!” I look back at her, embracing her in a tight hug.

“Go have a look, tell me if you like it!” She smiles. I walk upstairs full of excitement. A grin forms on my face as I reach the closed bedroom door. I open the door and freeze.

My eyes widen and my mouth drops. I let out a high-pitched scream and run into the room.

“THIS IS AMAZING!” I scream from inside the room.

The walls and painted a deep purple, the ceiling painted in white, timber floorboards with a plum coloured rug shaped as a rectangle. The double bed sitting on a metal bed frame painted white, beautiful framed pictures hang on the wall, a wooden desk with a purple chair, a set of drawers on both sides of my bed, a purple shade lamp and white alarm clock sat on the drawers.

“I LOVE IT!”

“You do? I was scared you wouldn’t!” Anne giggles, her smile growing bigger by the second.

“Wow!” Harry gasps and smiles goofily. “Look at this!” He gestures to the room. All the colours and objects in the room, they made the room look much bigger than it was!

“And you did all this today, while we were at school!” I look at Anne. She nods and I laugh as I look around my room, taking in every little detail. “It’s beautiful!” I walk over to Anne, and wrap my arms around her. “Thank you so much!” I whisper into her ear. I smile and put my bag down in the room, slowly and carefully.

“Okay… Who’s driving me?” I ask them happily. They both look at each other in confusion. I walk to the front door and look back at them. “Harry?”

“Coming!” He grabs the car keys and we both get in the car. “Where to?”

“My house…” I look at him, he nods and starts driving.

Harry parks the car outside my house; I look at him and smile.

“Thanks, I’ll be back in a sec! Just need to get something.” I walk off into the unlocked house. A sudden fear overcomes me and I quietly make my way around the empty and quiet house. I walk upstairs, careful not to make any noises. I look at my surrounding and see that most of the stuff is gone. I shrug my shoulders and keep walking up the soft, carpeted stairs.

Whilst walking quietly, I hear voices up in my mum’s old room. Deciding to try to make out what the voices are saying, I quickly realize that one of the voices is my mums.

“NO!” I scream from the stairs and run into her room, seeing nothing; I rub my eyes and scratch my arm. Making my way to my towards my previous room, the voices re-appear again, this time, in the bathroom.

I run into the bathroom and see blood running down the walls and a smashed mirror.

“No… No!” I whisper, covering my mouth with my hand and stumbling backwards. “No!” I repeat as I quickly stand up and run into my room, locking the door behind me.

My hands shaking uncontrollably, I run my index finger across the spine of all the books on my shelf. Picking out the one I wanted, the one I needed… I held it in my unsteady hands and opened the front cover. Smiling, I gazed at the photo’s that brought back so many memories. The voices started again, this time, even louder.