Chapter 8

I pull my phone out as it starts vibrating in my pocket; the numbers isn’t in my contacts, so I ignore it… Harry soon gets a phone call too…

“Hello?” Harry asks as he holds the phone to his ear.

“Hi, is Miss. Parker there?” A male voice asks from the other line.

“Umm, hang on, I’ll see!” He brings the phone back down and puts it on mute. “Someone’s asking for you…”

“No… I’m not here okay?”

“Okay…” He un mutes the glowing device and brings it back up to his ear. “Hello? Are you still there?”

“Yes. Is she there?” He asks again.

“No, she just left… Sorry… Who is this?” Harry lies, his eyes focused on me.

“This is Sargent Walker… I… Ugh, we suspect that Kimberly Parker murdered Esther Parker…” He says.

“What?! No! She was with me! That’s ridiculous!” Harry yells into the microphone, clenching his hand around the phone, so hard his knuckles start turning white.

“I’m sorry… This must be a shock to you…” The Sargent says, completely calm and carefree.

“She was with me! The whole night! She couldn’t have killed her!” Harry shouted again.

“We must come over…” Harry’s face turns red and he hangs up. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck.

“Babe? Who was that?” I ask him, swaying to each side.

“The police…” He groans and looks at me. His eyes have turned a dark green colour.

“What did they say?” I ask him. I gulp and look back at him.

“The police… They suspect that you murdered your mum…” He looks at me and places his large hands on my waist.

“What?! But! I didn’t! I was with you! You know I didn’t do it!” I shout in his face and stop moving. “I’m sorry…” I sigh and calm my self down by taking deep breaths.

“I know you didn’t!” He looks back at me. “Don’t be sorry… It’s not your fault…”

“Aww babe… I’m scared!” I whisper into his shoulder.

“Don’t be scared baby, you’ll be fine. I promise.” He kisses my forehead and I close my eyes whilst I hug him.

“You’ll take care of me won’t you?” I ask him, looking up at him with a gentle expression.

“Of course I will!” Harry smiles at me.

“Thank you!” I smile and kiss his lips softly.

“I love you” He smiles against my lips.

“I love you more…” I giggle and I pull away and look at him.

“Wanna bet?” He smiles cheekily at me.

“Yup!” I giggle and he throws me over his shoulders and runs around the house. “Harry! Put me down!”

“Nope!” He runs upstairs and throws me on my bed and jumps on top of me. He kisses my lips only before he starts to tickle me.

“Harry!” I say between laughs. “No! Stop!”

“Never!” He giggles and continues to tickle me.

“What do I have to do to get you to stop?” I laugh.

“Hmmm…” He giggles, still tickling me.