Chapter 40

I turn around and look into Harry's eyes, the plastic rattles as he moves the item behind his back. His eyes flicker to my lips, a sly smile playing at his lips. His eyes dart back up to my eyes and he smiles, his eyes glistening.

"What?" I blush, not breaking eye contact with Harry.

"I bought you something" He smiles and pulls out the item from behind his back.

What seems to be a dozen red roses, wrapped in red and clear cellophane are held in his hand.

"Kimberly Parker, I've made some pretty bad mistakes in my life... And I can't take them back, no matter how hard I try to. I can't. One mistake, I am certain, I regret, was leaving you. Both times, leaving you was the worst thing I have ever done. It took me weeks to realize that I can't live without you, and Kimberly, I won't live like that again. Nor will I let you live like that. I had no right to hurt you like that, the way I did. It was horrible. It's unacceptable, to me and to you. I understand if you're still mad at me, for leaving you. But, you have every right to be. I don't expect you to forgive me just like that. Because I know that you won't." He pauses to wipe the tears from my face.

"Harry, I-" He cuts me off by talking again.

"And I'm sorry for everything. I never meant to hurt you like that, ever. And I accept the fact that our relationship may never be the same. But Kimberly, I'm sorry. I just hope you can forgive me, at least for now." He smiles and hands me the bouquet of roses.

"Mate, this isn't the best time..." Niall buts in.

I look at Niall and tell him it's fine. Harry gives me a confused look when I turn to face him again.

"Harry... It's okay." I smile as I fiddle with the bottom of the wrapping. How thoughtful.

---------------

I smile as I place the last of the roses into a glass vase.

"You like them?" Harry startles me from my doorway.

"They're beautiful!" I smile and nod frantically.

"I saw them and thought of you. You're beautiful and so are they." He smiles, seeming pretty proud of his comment.

"How sweet." I smile as I glance at the flowers again.

"I was thinking we could actually have a date..." He smiles at me as I meet his glance.

"Oh really? And what makes you think I would want a date with you?" I force all seriousness into my voice. The look on Harry's face proves his heart just dropped. As I smile slowly creeps on my face, I am forced to give up my act. "I'm sorry. I was kidding Haz."

His smile returns to his face.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we could kick everyone out of the house, we'd have the house to ourselves for the night" Harry winks and continues to speak. "I'm joking baby."

"I was gonna say!" I laugh and hold my stomach.

"In all seriousness, I want a date with you."

"Harry, that's fine!" I smile and walk closer to him, leaving a decent sized gap between the two of us.

"Kimberly Parker, will you do me the honour of going on a date with me?" Harry asks as he looks up at me. He has one knee on the ground, as if he were to propose.

"Harry Styles, I will go on a date with you." I smile and kiss his soft lips quickly, savouring the moment.

He smiles and wraps his arms around my lower body.

I wrap my arms around his neck and play with his curly brown hair.

"So this date..." I add, twirling his hair in between my fingers. "When will this date of ours be held?" I ask.