Chapter 46

It's been a few weeks since I met Gemma. We didn't really get along at first, but as we hung around each other more often, I found myself liking her. She's a really nice person, very loud, and she likes to have a casual laugh.

On the other hand, Harry and I haven't been getting on so well. He's been bugging me about everything, my everyday life.

"What?" I sigh, looking into Harry's emerald green eyes for the first time in what seems like ages.

"There's a start." He flashes a smile at me, his eyes shining in the light. God he's beautiful.

"A start to what?" I wonder out loud, my eyes flickering away from his.

"We need to talk. You can't stay mad at me forever." His smile goes away, replaced by a confused sand determined look.

"I'm not mad at you."

"Yes you are." He fights back, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

"No I'm not! I'm just upset. Confused even." I sigh heavily, closing my eyes.

"Talk to me." He says calmly. How can he be so calm? He is driving me insane.

"About what? My choice of sharp instrument I used to self inflict pain upon my skin?" I say, attitude behind my voice.

"Kimberly." He warns me.

I edge away from him. I can't keep hurting him like this all the time. I have no right to, and now it's getting beyond a joke.

"I'm done." I say and grab Shyanne's car keys.

I ignore Harry, calling for me to come back. I keep driving, heading towards the park I grew up at.

I park the car and get out. Slowly, I make my way to the playground. I sit at the top, where I would always pretend to be a princess in my castle.

**FLASHBACK**

"Kimberly, I have to tell you something." Jack sighs and rests his hands beneath his head.

"What is it Jack?" I ask, a smile playing at my lips.

"No, I don't think I should tell you..." He sighs again.

"Tell me Jack! It can't be that bad!" I laugh.

"Oh, but it is. I have to move with my mummy to Ireland. I don't want to leave you Kimberly!" Jack starts crying, I wipe his tears away and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug.

"I'm going to miss you." I cry, sniffling. My tears start to fall on Jacks red polo, that's when I pull away.

"I'll miss you too. But we can still hang out, I promise." He smiles and wipes my tears away with his thumbs.

"I hope your mummy likes it there, I'll make sure I visit sometime." I sniffle, looking into his grey eyes.

"I'd like that." He forces a smile onto his face, although I can see through his smile, I smile back.

"When are you leaving?" I ask Jack, eager to find out when he was leaving.

"Tomorrow..." He cries even harder than before. I pull him in for another hug, repeating the same thing, over and over.

"It'll be okay." I let the words roll off my tongue without any meaning.

"My mum once said, if you love someone, prove it to them." Jack smiles at the thought.

"Who do you love?" I ask, a smile forming on both our faces.

"You." He smile and holds my hands.