Bones

Here's another imagine. Requests are open. Enjoy!!!

________________________________________________

Trying to be a nurse on the enterprise had always been your dream, you loved the idea of being able to help people, the moment you manage to better a patients life brings so much joy to you, knowing your making a difference in the universe. Being able to do your dream job in space was the icing on the cake because as a child, one of your favourite things to do was watch the stars...it was fascinating to think that the stars you could see with your own eyes were so far away but yet you were looking at them. The idea that there was other life forms out there to discover and help...you just knew you had to get up there and do what you do best, heal.

At Starfleet academy, you'd always pushed yourself in order to do your best, and your hard work paid off, you were a straight-A student and so, when you graduated, you were assigned to the USS Enterprise, the best ship in the fleet, it was an incredible moment. Being a nurse, you had developed very good social skills so you managed to get along with most of your fellow crew members except for you CMO, Dr McCoy...when you first walked into the medbay, you had introduced yourself to him and he simply ignored you...you tried again, still no response, so you left it at that...the next time you tried to talk to Bones, as he gets called, he just started shouting at you for no reason...he was screaming about some sort of file gone missing...but you hadn't handled anyone's files...you'd only been on the ship for one day...the experience really knocked your confidence, what was Bones problem with you??? Did he have a bad day, and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time??? Or does he simply not like you??? All these questions went rushing through your head...you always got paranoid when someone didn't like you because you felt like you had done something wrong...but you couldn't think of what you had done...you stayed up most of the night contemplating reasons as to why your superior didn't like you...it got to a ridiculous point that you started to think he didn't like you because you your eyes were (Y/E/C), or that your badge was on squint or your dress was crinkled...and before you knew it, you had stayed up the whole night and had to get up for your shift after no sleep, you got dressed and headed to work, hoping that Bones would have calmed down after what ever had gone on yesterday.

Unfortunately, he hadn't...throughout the whole day he kept giving you a glare of disapproval...he would shout you over to go get something for him but when you returned to him with what he asked for, he'd flip and say he didn't need it anymore because I had taken to long...it really put you down...and this lasted for weeks till you got to the point, you couldn't take it anymore, you'd had enough. And so at 2am you marched your way to Bones quarters and bashed the door till a sleepy Bones appeared.

"What do you want???"

"Why don't you like me?!"

"Excuse me???...its 2am and you've come to ask me why I don't like you???"

"Yes...you shout at me and glare at me and I'm sick of it...what have I done to make you hate me so much that you make my life a living hell...just tell me"

"Woah, darlin' I don't hate you...look, I'm sorry if I have upset you or given the impression I don't like you, it's just sometimes, being CMO, it's stressful...I lash out and I'm so sorry, if I you've been on the other end of my rants but it's nothing personal darlin', I swear..."

"Oh...okay...well thank you for explaining, I'm sorry to bother you so late sir"

You went to walk away but you were stopped by Bones grabbing your arm.

"Wait...why don't you come it and have a hot chocolate or something...we are up anyway"

"I'd like that..."

And so you entered Bones quarters and ended up chatting to him while drinking hot chocolate...you learned a lot about each other and it was nice to just talk to someone...after that night, things got a lot better at work. Bones promised to try his best to not get so angry at you and you promised to not take it too personal if he did...you were the perfect team, after just one night of talking you went from being practically strangers to best friends...and possible more than friends one day 😉😉😉.

________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed it.

Requests Open.

~Clo X