Chapter Three: Who?

I slept for hours because when I finally woke, it was morning. I must have been more tired than I thought. I got up and had a shower. The water still stung my body, but not as much.

In the shower I cried, and cried.

Why did they leave me with them? I wanted to find who ever left me.

I walked down the hall.

"Morning sweetie" Lana greeted me.

"Are you feeling better?" Hayden asked.

"Morning. Yeah better than I was" I replied.

"That's good" Hayden said as he smiled sweetly. He had always worried about me, and he had always cared.

"I was thinking we could go shopping today? Us three." Lana asked.

"That's a good idea" Hayden said as he looked at me.

"Uh I have no money sorry" I said shyly.

"Oh love! Don't worry about that! We have get you a new wardrobe too!" Lana said excitedly.

"Thank you!" I said as I ran up to her and hugged her. She held me in her arms for a while.

"This is gonna be fun!" Hayden said.

He loved shopping. He makes out that he doesn't to all his friends because 'shopping is for girls' but when it was just us, he loved it. I always laughed at him about it.

"Go get yourselves ready and we'll leave in about half an hour" Lana said as she ran up stairs to her room to get ready.

Hayden's father left them when he was just a year old. Lana bought him up as a single parent, and she did a great job. She didn't need him.

I had no clothes to wear so Lana gave me one of her dresses, we were about the same size so it fitted perfectly. I put some make up on to cover the bruises, and to make me look nicer.

I went down the hall as I saw that Hayden was ready to go.

"Just waiting for mum" He said as he smiled when he saw that I was in one of Lana's floral dresses.

"You look lovely" He said as he realized I watched him checking me out.

"Thanks" I said as my cheeks flushed. Why was he looking at me like that? I mean yeah he compliments me a lot but he doesn't stare like that. It was cute. Wait. No. I cant think of him like that! He's my bestfriend!

I brushed these thoughts to the back of my mind as Lana came down.

"Lets go!" She said.

We hopped into the car and set off for the mall in town.

It took about 20 minutes to get there. The radio was on and a few good songs came on. I hummed to all of them.

We parked and then went in. It wasn't very busy which was good.

We spent about 2 hours looking for clothes and we ended up with about 4 huge bags full.

"I'm going to go put these in the car so we don't have to carry them around, you guys go get some coffee over there and wait for me" Lana said as she handed us 10 dollars each.

"Okay, thanks" We both replied.

We ordered at starbucks. I had hardly ever came here, only with Hayden sometimes. I got a hot chocolate and Hayden got an iced chocolate. We sat at a table in the corner were we could see if Lana was coming.

I took a sip of my hot chocolate, but as I did, the sleeve of my cardigan fell. The bruises were shown, but so were the cuts. That I had managed to keep from him. Shit.