Chapter Forty Two: Like a Ghost.

~Lauren's P.O.V~

I woke to Katy's warm embrace. I was lying half on her as I looked up to notice her red puffy eyes. I huddled closer into her and I heard people talking from the lounge. 

I noticed Hayden's voice first, then Johnny's and lastly the voice I'd never heard in my life before last night. 

Katy moved slightly as she started to stretch. I watched as her eye's fluttered open. 

"Morning" I said.

"Morning sweetie" She said as she yawned. 

We both sat up and I looked at her as she heard them all talking. 

"Let's go face the world" She sighed as she wrapped her silky maroon colored robe around her.

I followed on behind her as we entered the room, they all spoke to each other as we walked in, but stopped as we both sat. 

"I wondered where you went" Hayden said as he smiled at me.

"Oh yeah, I didn't want to wake you" I smiled.

Before he could reply Johnny jumped up with excitement.

"Katy!" He yelled.

"Shit! What?" Katy yelped as she jumped in fright.

"Bradford called! You wern't answering and he knew I was with you" He explained still up in excitement. I wondered what could've made him so happy.

We all sat confusingly watching as his face stayed cheerful. I glanced over at Josh, he looked as confused as we all were. His eyes were saddened but he still kept a smile, he noticed me look at him so I looked away as fast as I could. 

"What did he want?" Katy asked confused.

"He wants you to record another album!" Johnny yelled.

"Ohmygod! Are you serious?" She said, her face widening as she took what Johnny had just said in.

"Yeah!" He yelped. 

"That's awesome" Josh said happily. Katy just looked at him for a second but I saw the look, and it hurt. The way she felt inside all was exposed in that one look. 

"You have to call him as soon as possible" Johnny added.

"Ooo I'll call him now" She smiled as she stood and went to her room.

She came back out not long after with her phone held up to her ear. 

"Okay so Wednesday at 9?" She said into the phone.

"Cool thankyou so much!" She smiled.

"Bye!" She added as she hit the end icon.

"They have an album idea!" She shrieked excitedly.

"Ohmygod that's the best news ever!" I smiled widely. 

"Ah I know!" She said as she came and sat back down next to me and gave me a hug. Josh sat quietly in his seat with a smile on his face.

~Katy's P.O.V~

"I'm so happy for you" Josh smiled and looked at me.

My face slightly dropped as I turned to him.

"Thank you" I said simply. 

"Kathryn, please" He said softly.

I frowned at him, my heart saddening.

"Just let me talk to you" He said in the same small quiet tone. The sadness had been pushed away as all my excitement from the news Bradford had told me was overwhelming. 

"I don't want to talk to you, Josh. You left me and I don't want to remember. I don't want to remember what you did, what it felt like." I said, forgetting that Johnny and Lauren were still in the room. Before he could answer my phone buzzed beside me.

"Hello?" I said as I stood and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey Kate! It's Shan" The voice shrieked.

"Hey babe! How are ya?" I asked. Feeling relieved to hear my best friends voice, I hadn't told her that Josh's turned up yet.

"Good! We just finished the last recording of the season and I'm coming to LA tomorrow. What about you?" She replied, her voice sounding cheerful.

"That's good! I'm okay, and I'll be in LA in a few days" I told her.

"Oh good, we need to catch up okay?" She said.

"We do! I have a lot to tell you" I said, my voice changing as I thought about him.

"Ooo sounds interesting?" She yelped.

"Eh it's news, let me tell you that." I huffed. 

"Hmm okay, well I gotta go. I just needed to tell you that I'm going to be in LA. Text me when you're here okay?" She said.

"Okay I will do. Bye honey" I said.

"Seeya!" She said before we both ended the call.

I walked back into the lounge to see that Johnny and Lauren were the only ones there. It shocked me that I thought of him so quickly, I didn't want to, I didn't want to ever remember him again. 

"He left you this" Johnny said sadly as he passed me an envelope. 

I looked at it and on the front is simply stated 'My beloved, Kathryn.'

I blinked back tears that welled up. I looked down at Lauren who just looked back at me with sadness in her eyes. 

"I-I I'm so sorry" I said before I choked on the tears that fell rapidly. My mind exploding into numbness. I ran out of the house, with my keys, phone and the letter.

I started the car and drove. I don't know where, I just drove. 

I wanted to be gone.

I didn't want this. I didn't want the memories.

I just wanted to disappear into thin air. Like a ghost. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in ages!! So many things have been happening but I'm gladly motivated now so hopefully y'all won't have to wait too long for the next one!

Love you so much and thankyou for all your patience! Mwah! <3 Xxxxx

~Samantha. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~