Chapter Sixteen: Whole Hearted.

~Lauren's P.O.V~

The phone rang and rang until Hayden finally got to it.

I was to busy in my thoughts once again to notice who it was or even listen to the conversation.

I'm glad we didn't have school for a couple more weeks. Although I missed my friends, but I had Hayden so I wasn't completely alone.

I don't think I could deal with it, the work, the people. I can definitely tell I'm not ready.

But will I ever be?

I sat and switched through the channels. I went to MTV hits and noticed a song that was playing.

It was her.

They were playing MTV Unplugged.

It was that one song.

That song that bought me to were I am now. I forgot about it. I forgot the affect it had on me when I listened to it.

And I forgot the way she sang it.

Tears filled my eyes as I hummed to the lyrics. Oh those beautiful lyrics.

Have you ever been so lost? Know the way and still so lost?

Hayden walked into the lounge. He had an odd look on his face, I couldn't quite tell though. And I didn't think much about it.

He turned to face the tv when he noticed who was singing, and then he looked at me and noticed I was nearly bawling.

He sat next to me and put his arm around me.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Ah yeah" I replied and I wiped the tears that were falling.

"She uh- she wants to see you" he said worryingly.

"Uh-uh I-I can't I don't think I-I can" I stumbled. I couldn't say anything.

Tears streamed down my face like acid rain. I couldn't see a thing. Soon enough I was engulfed in Hayden's warm body. His arms held around me tightly as I cried for the millionth time.

When will he get sick of me?

~Katy's P.O.V~

I'd spent all night crying. My eyes were saw and puffy. I stayed at mom and dad's house, so did Shannon.

She knew I needed her with me. She was my rock. She helps through anything, and especially when I had Lauren and all the years that were hard to get through without her.

I needed to see Lauren.

I needed to talk to her.

Was she mad? She must be. I mean I left her and now I'm back after sixteen years.

Although every single day didn't go past without thinking abut her, and how I made the biggest mistake of my life. Even if I'm where I am now, it still hurts.

"Morning Katy" Shannon greeted me as she walked into the kitchen. I had just finished making a coffee.

I didn't get a wink of sleep, I hadn't for a while now. I think everyone must of noticed with the dark circles under my eyes and my grouchiness.

"Hey" I smiled. "I rang Hayden"

"Oh really? What's happening?" She replied.

"Well I was asking if I could see her. I need to" I said

Knowing it would be heartbreaking if she decided that she never wants to see me again.

"Ah yeah, is it ok with her?" She asked worryingly.