Chapter Fifty Six: So Surreal.

~Katy's P.O.V~ 

I sat and watched as my baby girl lay there, her chest rising up and down as she breathed. My heart felt like it skipped a beat as I thought about her, about how she was mine, she came from me. And how I lost her, how I lost myself. 
"She's beautiful" Josh whispered as he walked into the lounge where Lauren slept. "Just like her mom" He added.
I smiled up at him and noticed the smirk he had on his face. I stood up and dragged him into the kitchen before wrapping my arms around his waist. He loosened his grip on me before his lips came crashing down on mine; sending my body crazy.
I felt the pressure of the bench against my back as our lips moved together, which made me want more of him.
"I feel like a teenager again" I laughed quietly, making sure Lauren wouldn't wake.
"So are you living your teenage dream?" He winked, which made me laugh a bit louder than before. I slapped him playfully on the arm as we heard commotion coming from the lounge. 

I looked around the corner and noticed Lauren sitting up.
"Want anything honey?" I asked before walking back into the lounge, with Josh following. 
"No I'm fine thanks" She replied with a small smile, this wasn't like her.
"Are you feeling better?" Josh asked as I placed my hand on her forehead; feeling how hot and pale she was. Her blonde hair fell to the sides of her face, but she looked exhausted, lifeless. 
"Uh not really" She said as she stood slowly. "I might go to bed for a bit" She added. 

I followed her into her room, getting flash backs of when I first had Lauren, and how we set the room up which Lauren hadn't wanted to change. 
She quickly hopped into bed as I sat on the bed beside her. 
"I hope you're okay baby" I said softly, noticing how concerned I really was for her. I didn't want her to feel bad, I wanted her life to be perfect; because to me she is perfect and that's all she deserves. 
"I will be" She smiled and lent her arms out for me. Hugging her was the best feeling. It was happiness, the feeling of pure happiness. 
I ran my fingers through her blonde hair until her eyes closed and she was peacefully asleep. 

About 15 minutes went by as I watched her fall into a deep sleep. 
"I love you Lauren" I whispered as I closed the door quietly. 

"Do you know whats wrong with her?" Josh asked as I walked back into the kitchen. 
"No idea, I'm really worried though, I don't like seeing her like this" I said. Josh noticed the look on my face, which was concern and sadness. 
"I know, me too" He replied as he wrapped me warmly in his arms.

We sat together, just enjoying each others company for hours; just me and him. I noticed how he looked at me and smiled, how the lines in his face crease when he laughs, how his white teeth are almost perfectly straight. 

~Lauren's P.O.V~

I gulped for air as I woke up in a dark room. I wiped my forehead from the sweat. I didn't know why I felt like this, I was certain it was something I ate.
I sat on the side of my bed as I breathed, the cool air filling my lungs gave me some relief. I heard dad laugh, and the moms giggle straight after; I smiled at the sounds.
They were happy, and boy was I glad. 

I decided to lie back down as I scrolled through Twitter. I didn't notice how many tweets I had received. 
*@katycat101 I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND KATY! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
@sammycat Much love from us Katycats! Such a surprise! xox
@ebba7 OMG your katy perry's daughter!? whattttt ily
<3*

I laughed out loud as I read the tweets, most of them were lovely; only a few were nasty but I decided not to read the bad ones. Mom always told me not to read the mean things some people say, so I listened to her advice. 
The feeling of my stomach burning and the crippling pain had subsided. I hoped to myself that it wouldn't come back. I hate feeling bad. 
I decided to go join my family in the lounge. I smiled at the thought.
"You owe me 100 dollars!" Mom shouted holding a card up.
"Nah you're lying!" Josh laughed.
"You landed on Trafalgar square! Gimme the money you ass!" She yelled while they both were nearly in hysterics. 
"What are you two doing?" I chuckled at them.
"Oh just having a loving game of monopoly" Josh said sarcastically. "Would you like to join the game that destroys families?" He said mockingly. 
"Sure" I laughed. 

"Holy shit its 2am?" Katy said, sounding surprised.
"This dreadful game has been going on for 2 hours" Josh whined.
"And you lost" I laughed. 
"Cheaters" He mumbled jokingly. 
I watched as mom hit him in the arm playfully. Her eyes glistened in the light, and I noticed it wasn't just because she was tired; but she was happy, and in love. 
I smiled to myself as they played around. 

"Are you feeling better Loz?" Josh asked as we packed the board and all its pieces away. 
"Yeah, I think that sleep helped" I replied. 
"That's good" He smiled. 
"I got a call from Bradford" Katy said as we sat back down together while dad put the game back in the cupboard. 
"What was it about?" I asked.
"He got a call from David Letterman's show and apparently they want me on" She explained.
"Oh that's awesome mom" I smiled.
"But there's a catch" She said, her face growing concerned.
"What?" I asked.
"They also want you on with me" She said quickly, as she was scared of what my reaction would be. 
"Oh my god" I stammered.
"Its not for a while and you don't have to-" She said before getting interrupted.
"Katy she hasn't answered yet, chill" Josh laughed.
"Yeah sorry, I just want you to know I'm not pressuring you with anything, its all up to you" She said.
"Wow" I mumbled. 
TV, David Letterman, TV, Katy Perry. What the hell. 
This all seemed so surreal. 
"Holy shit, I don't even know what to say, that's amazing" I said, my voice trembling in a state of shock.
"Think about it for a couple of days, I know its scary." She said.
"I'll do it, but fuck yeah its scary. I mean no one even wanted to know me at school, and now this" I laughed.
"Welcome to fame" She said.
"Well not really, I'm a part of your fame arn't I?" I asked. I wasn't the one that earned the fame, I didn't work for years on a massive dream; through thick and thin like my mom did. I'm just a part of her I guess.
"You're my daughter, so yeah, you're a part of me and my fame. But don't let that affect your life in a bad way" She exclaimed.
"I know mom, I won't" I replied.
 She smiled warmly at me and then over at Josh. 
"Anyway I'm exhausted to I'm out" She laughed. "Get a good sleep eh? You'll need it after being sick" She added.
"I will" I smiled and walked with them towards the hall and into my room.
"Goodnight honey. I love you" She said as she placed a kiss on my cheek, giving me warmth. 
"Night mom, night dad. I love you too" I replied, hugging them both.
"Sweet dreams" Katy said softly before closing the door.

My eyes felt heavier than I thought.
I wasn't able to fall asleep for a while. I kept thinking about things; about going on the Letterman show, about how happy mom and dad were, and how I was sick.
I slowly drifted into darkness. But all of a sudden I remembered.  

The night of the party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for a long wait, my life has been hectic!
Thanks for reading!
Vote and comment your thoughts! Love ya'll.
~Samantha xox
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~