Chapter Forty Eight: Teenage Dream.

~Katy's P.O.V~

"You have a visitor Katy" The nurse smiled.

"Oh okay" I said as the door opened, a short figured women walked it, her long brown hair bouncing in soft curls.

"Shannon" I yelped, with tears falling down my cheeks.

"Katy! Oh my god I was so worried" She cried as we both embraced each other in a hug.

"I missed you so much" I said, my cheeks dampening her soft hair.

"I missed you" She said as she wiped her own cheeks.

"How are you?" She said as she sat down on the side of the bed.

"I don't know" I said softly.

"What even happened? Why'd you run off?" She asked worryingly.

"I was mad and upset I just needed to get out and get some air" I explained. 

"Everyone was so worried about you, and then we get a call that you had an accident, god Kate I thought I lost you!" She cried. 

"I'm okay now" I said as I hugged Shannon's trembling body in mine. 

"But are you?" She asked.

"Uhm no, I just I-I need him so much, I don't know what to do" I cried, my body being eaten up in a fit of tears. Shannon soothed me but I noticed a small smile on her face, I couldn't understand why she was smiling.

"Wh-what?" I asked through the tears.

"You know he's been here for you, right?" She smiled.

"J-Josh?" I stammered in disbelief.

"Yeah, he's been with Lauren, they've been visiting you as much as possible." She said. I tried opening my mouth and saying something but only sobs escaped, I couldn't believe he came back, he stayed. Then I remembered the letter, the phone call. He saved me.

"Where are they? Where's Lauren?" I asked, trying to distract my mind from how hard my heart was beating.

"I think Lauren's with Hayden and I haven't seen Josh since yesterday, I think he's coming in later. Oh and I also called Keith and Mary but they couldn't come until today I think." Shannon explained.

"Oh right, okay" I said as I processed what she said in my head. I was looking forward to see my mom and dad, I just needed them.

"Yeah so you should get some rest before everyone turns up" She said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, thanks for coming Shan" I smiled.

"Don't thank me, its my duty to see you!" She laughed.

"Good point" I said.

"I'll come back later, I have a meeting in 15 and I look like shit" She joked.

"Okay well I'll still be here" I laughed.

"You'll be okay" She said as she hugged me.

"Thank you" I replied, holding back the tears welling in my eyes.

With a wave as she walked out the door I was on my own, to face my mind, my heart and my mess. 

I wiped the tears from my eyes and felt how exhausted my body felt. But before I could close my eyes the door opened slowly.

"Katy?" A familiar voice spoke making my heart wrench.

"J-Josh?" I cried.

"I heard you were awake" He said as he took a few steps into the room. His eyes glistening and welling up with tears.

I just looked at him, his face the same as always, his eyes with the same soft look of love and sadness.

"I've been with Lauren for the past few days" He said with a small smile, making my lips curve upwards. I'd prayed and hoped that maybe one day, Lauren and Josh would meet and get to know each other.

"I'm glad" I smiled, with tears in my eyes.

"I didn't get to say thank you" I added.

"For what?" He asked.

"Saving me, being there for me." I said.

"I would take a bullet for you Kathryn" He said in all seriousness, making the tears fall from my eyes.

As I wiped my eyes, I felt his presence come closer. He smelt clean, but different, he didn't smell the same as years ago.

His thumb trailed across my jawline, making my skin tingle in his touch.

He slowly pulled my face closer to his. Oh how I wanted to be as close as ever, I loved him, I will always love him.

His soft lips against mine sent my heart beating as loud as a jet plane. I felt like a teenager again, he makes me feel like I'm living a teenage dream.

The passion, the love, the fear. Everything i'd been hoping for and more.