Chapter Twenty Six: Barely Breathing.

~Lauren's P.O.V~

"These are amazing!" Hayden said as he took a mouthful of the full taco he held together in his hands.

"They are! I didn't know you could make taco's mom!" Katy laughed.

"Thank you guys" Mary laughed. "Of corse Kathryn! What can't I make?" She joked.

We all laughed at Marys comment.

"Where's David mom?" Angela asked Mary.

"He's doing a show tomorrow so he went off earlier this morning" She replied.

"He's not coming home until tomorrow night I think" Keith added.

"Oh okay" Angela said.

"You haven't met David yet have you Lauren?" Mary asked.

"No, not yet" I replied.

After we finished off our taco's we all chatted for a while.

"Who wants drinks?" Keith asked.

"Wine please" Katy said as she looked up from her phone with a frown on her face.

"Same" Angela added.

"Okay, coming up. And Lana, Lauren and Hayden?" He said.

"Ooo I'll have a wine please" Lana smiled.

"I'm fine thanks" I said.

"I'm fine too thanks" Hayden smiled.

"Okay three wines coming up, wait four" He smirked and quickly glanced at Mary hoping she didn't notice.

"Thats what I thought" Mary joked as we laughed.

A few minutes later Keith came bcak from the kitchen and passed the wines around.

Katy still had her head down looking at her phone.

"You still on that Twitter thing" Keith said as he poked her in the arm.

"oow" She whined. "Yeah, maybe" She laughed.

Although her laugh wasn't the same. It was fake. Something in her eyes, like before caught my attention.

What was wrong? What was making the usually bubbly and happy Katy sad? I thought. 

"When are you guys going back to school?" Angela turned to me and Hayden and asked.

"Next week I think" I answered.

"Yeah, its my last year" Hayden smirked.

"Wow nice" Angela replied.

"Ugh" I sighed.

"Don't you like school?" Angela asked.

"Nope" I answered. I noticed Katy look up and concintrate on the conversation we were all having.

"Good, school sucks" Katy said.

"Don't say that!" Mary said.

"Well it does, I mean you learn things that aren't nessasary when you grow up" Katy argued

"Someones PMSing" Keith joked.

Katy scowled at him and looked back down at her phone.

Not long after, it started ringing. She instantly stood up and went outside to answer it. 

"Sounds important" Lana said.

"Yeah, probably Tamra or somone" Keith said.

I glanced over at Angela and noticed that she kept looking in the direction that Katy went. She looked worried and nervous.