Chapter Thirty Three: Falling from cloud nine.

~Katy's P.O.V~

The door swung open and my heart stopped. 

Lauren's grip on my hand tightened as we took a few steps into the cold plain looking room. 

"Ah Katy! Finally nice to meet you!" Andrew the lawyer said as he stood to shake my hand. His face was a good complexion, black glasses made him look like a fashion stylist. He was a tall guy but thin.

"You too" I said with a fake smile. 

"And you are?" He turned and spoke to Lauren. 

"This is Lauren" I said quickly as she looked up at me. 

I heard a gasp from the other side of the room. I looked over quickly, my head hurt and my heart was racing.

I saw a blurred image of a man I used to love. His black curly hair that reached his shoulders looked just the same. His tall masculine body stood from his seat and walked up to us, he stood a little further away then Andrew but close enough.

"Lauren?" He said quietly as he looked at us both. His face soft with confusion and a look of sadness, or guilt I couldn't quite tell with him. I had told him about her, I thought I could trust him enough. He knew how it hurt me that I didn't have her and now look. 

"It can't be" He said as he studied my face. 

I looked down at the ground then at Lauren, her face showed nothing, no emotion. She looked up at me and gave me a look I couldn't quite describe but it was good, she understands why I told him about her and what's happening now. 

I squeezed her hand. 

"Well anyway take a seat you two" Andrew said awkwardly as he motioned us to the soft red seats.

As we walked to sit down Russel put his hand on my shoulder, I winced and pulled away. It wasn't a physical pain, but it hurt me in a way that is indescribable. 

"Katy I'm sorry" He said softly so only I could hear.

"Don't" I said, as my voice shook. 

"Please don't make it harder." He said a little louder this time.

Lauren looked up at him in disgust, he didn't see luckily, although I wouldn't care.

"Me?" I yelped. My anger and frustration rising, I had been trying to keep as calm as I could.  

He looked away and shook his head but before any of us could say anything Andrew spoke.

"Right so we have a few documents that need to be read and signed, also if there's any other inquiries just ask" He smiled. 

The papers were scatted neatly on the small table in between our seats. The room went silent and all I could hear was my racing heart. 

After minutes of trying to read these papers I couldn't get any words in. They were just patterns printed in black across the sheet. 

I looked up at Russell as his eyes skimmed across the paper before he glanced up at me, he'd obviously read them before we had arrived. 

His eyes pierced into me, and what felt like my heart. Then they searched the room before falling on Lauren, who was reading the sheet I held in my hand. 

"Is it her?" He mouthed.

I nodded.

My heart was full of numbness, I felt as if I had been shot straight through it. I couldn't think, and I didn't want to breathe.

~Lauren's P.O.V~

My eyes skimmed through the words, they were so confusing.

Pain raced through me as I thought about it, Katy is the one going through all this and if it was me, I don't think I would be this strong.