Chapter Twenty: Daydreamer

~Lauren's P.O.V~

We woke up late. All night talking had made us tired.

Hayden was still asleep, and surprisingly we were in the same position as we were when we fell asleep.

"Hayden, wake up" I said

"Ugh I'm up" he said as he slowly opened his eyes.

"We have to get ready" I said nervously. Hayden could tell in my voice that I was nervous, and the look on my face wasn't much different.

"It's going to be fine Loz" he smirked. He hadn't used my childhood nickname in years. I laughed and hit him playfully in the arm.

"I'm going to have a shower" I said while I got up and pulled the blankets off the couch.

"Lauren! It's cold!" Hayden whined. I laughed at him then he joined in.

After a shower I felt much more refreshed. I enjoyed showers, a place to think, and sing.

I chose to wear my purple skinny jeans and a leopard shirt.

I put my make up on, then I was finally ready. I hope Hayden's ready I thought.

It was 10.50 by the time I finished and went into the lounge to see Hayden rummaging around the house. At least he was ready.

We had another 20 minutes to wait until we had to leave. I plugged my iPod into the music dock and put it on shuffle.

Ke$ha came on and it was one of my favourite songs of hers, Dancing with tears in my eyes.

I danced around the room, obviously being stupid. Hayden joined me.

We laughed and danced for about 10 minutes.

"Are you taking anything?" Hayden said as he gulped a glass of water back.

"Oh yeah" I said. I found my bag. I put a few odd things in it, and checked my phone. I had a message from Ruby.

"Ruby texted me" I said

"Oh cool, what did she say?" He asked.

"She asked how I've been, and that she's coming back next Friday!" I said while smiling.

"That's awesome!" Hayden smiled. He walked up to me and pecked my lips. It sent my body tingling.

I chuckled at him. He smirked back at me.

I still wasn't used to this. 

"Oh shit it's 11" I groaned.

"Okay let's go" He replied.

We walked out to the car. The sun was out, and it was hot. The car was liked a sauna so I left the door open for a while.

The drive was about 20 minutes. It was a nice drive, I always loved going places, especially getting to look out the window to an amazing view and to put my head out the window and just let the wind take my breath away.

Hayden parked the car in the spot by the corner, and under a tree. He turned and gave me a look. It wasn't just any look.

I saw it.

I saw love.

In his eyes, flashed the most heartwarming look ever.

And his smile, oh what a smile.

I smiled back and got my self out of my daydream.

"You can do this." Hayden said as he held my hand in his.

"Let's go" I smiled and took a breath.

We walked into the old antique cafe. Plants hung in hand painted pots in the corners. Picture frames with large painted rustic looking pictures covered the dark red colour of the walls. Splashes of colours brightened up the walls.

The counter was made of old varnished wood, with the glass covering the freshly made food. There were cakes, slices, cupcakes, pies and salads.

I looked around, only a few people were there. I scanned across the different hair colours. Two blondes sat together on the table in the sun. A group of what looked like business people sat on the large table in the middle. My eyes scanned into the corner of the room. A small figure sat facing the wall. Her hair was black and styled perfectly.

Hayden nudged me and looked across at the women who I was hoping wasn't her.

"Go on, I'm here" he said softly.

Tears formed in my eyes. She was here. I could finally talk to her.

I didn't know what to feel. Confusion? Pain? Love? I don't know.

It's Katy Perry.

How am I supposed to get my head around this.

~Katy's P.O.V~

I chose a little table right in the corner so I wouldn't be as noticeable. I went on Twitter and scrolled through my messages and tweets.

I saw that Shannon had tweeted me a picture of her next to some statue, saying something funny. I quietly laughed to myself. Oh Shannon, I thought.

People were walking around the cafe, but I heard some footsteps come closer. I gulped as a familiar voice greeted me.

"Hey Katy" Hayden smiled.

Next to him stood Lauren. Her blonde hair fell perfectly down her shoulders and sat on her chest. She looked small, but not as weak as she was the last time I saw her. It was hard to see her so pale, so weak.

Her cheeks flushed red as I scanned her face. Her eyes sparkled. I could tell why people told me she looks just like me, her eyes were big and bright, like mine.

"Hey, thanks for coming" I smiled. They both sat on the other side of the table. She looked scared, but awkward, I know it was hard for her, because just being able to look at her from across the table is making me crazy.

We all ordered coffees and started a small conversation.

I told her everything. Why I left. That I loved her more than anything in the world.

I talked. She listened.

Although we were both drowning in tears, the atmosphere was good. I know it was emotionally draining for her, and for me, but we both knew deep down that we could get through this. But I was praying that someday, I might get her back. And maybe, deep down she'll love me as her mother.

Time will tell.

The next hour or two went fast. Crying, talking and then more of that.

We decided to go somewhere more private.

I hated seeing her cry.

Hayden was by her side the whole time. He didn't take over, or say much but Lauren knew he was there for her.

And so did I.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I went to Mount Tongariro! Such a beautiful place!! Hope you enjoy! Mwah 😘😘😘 xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~