friends with benefits | stiles

you check your watch for the time, the small hands read eight o'clock. you stand outside of stiles dorm room, your hand raised, ready to knock three times to let him know that it's you.

before your knuckles touch the door it bursts open, "y/n!" he smiles widely, "just the girl i wanted to see!" he pulls you inside, before the door closes properly his lips are on yours, his hands pulling you closer to him.

"woah, someone's hasty." you say breathlessly as you pull away to breath.

"what can i say? i missed my best friend." he smirks.

best friend. you and stiles had become best friends ever since he started at the same university as you, but somehow you'd become more than that, and you weren't sure how to feel about it. it'd become your secret, having to sneak into his apartment building late at night, lying to your friends about where you were going... over time you'd developed feelings for the sarcastic boy but you knew he didn't feel the same way. he pined for a girl he could never have, lydia martin.

he lifted you onto his bed and lay you down gently, "no feelings, promise?" stiles said as he looked into your eyes intently as he lay on top of you on his bed.

"promise." you said before pulling him down on top of you and kissing his soft, pink lips.

but deep down you knew you hadn't kept that promise, you found yourself falling for him when you knew you shouldn't.

***

later that night you lie next to him, his arm draped around your stomach. this happened every time, you had to remove yourself from his grasp and sneak out of his room quietly. except this time you heard him mutter your name under his breath, "y/n... stay." he pulled you closer to him and you felt yourself sinking into the warmth of his body. giving in, you decided to stay, even though you knew it would complicate things in the morning.

***

stiles opened his eyes, squinting, as the sun shone through a gap in the curtains. he noticed you still lying next to him, his arm still wrapped around you. he remembered what he had said the night before.

a small smile played on his lips, at some point during this friendship stiles had become slightly more involved than he originally planned, but he kept up the facade of someone who didn't want a relationship because he knew you would never feel the same way he did about you.

he stayed in bed for another hour, watching you, admiring how beautiful you were.

you became aware that he was looking at you suddenly and you opened your eyes slowly, "you're staring." you simply stated.

stiles hesitated, licking his lips, "i can't help it... you're beautiful."

you furrowed your eyebrows slightly, "oh."

"i'm sorry, i know this is weird... but i can't pretend anymore." he decided to tell you how he felt.

"stiles..." you opened your eyes properly now and looked at him, his dark brown eyes were flickering over your face and looking at you.

"i know we agreed on no feelings, but it kinda just happened." stiles muttered.

you let out a deep breath, "i feel the same way."

a smile spread across his face, "i'm so glad, i thought i was about to ruin our relationship."

you chuckled lightly, leaning over to kiss the tip of his nose, "i think i'm in love with you, stiles."

"i love you so much, y/n." he smiles as he pulls you closer, his arm still wrapped around you.

***