stiles when...

he waits for any news about you in the hospital

"y/n... is she okay?" his voice breaks as he looks hopefully at melissa.

"i'm sorry, stiles... she's gonna be here a while, she was hurt pretty badly." she looked at him sadly.

"can i- can i see her?" he asked nervously.

melissa shook her head, "i wish i could let you do that, but she's not good, stiles."

"but... i love her, i need to see her..." melissa's heart broke as his eyes began to tear up.

"oh stiles..." she glanced around and typed something into her computer, "i guess i could sneak you in." she smiled softly.

she led him to a private room down one of the corridors, his heart sunk when he saw you laying in bed with tubes attached to your body.

melissa opened the door and stiles walked in slowly, she closed the door behind him giving you both privacy.

"oh, y/n." his voice shook as he walked towards you, he stood over your bed and took hold of your hand. he watched as your chest rose and fell, your eyes remained closed.

he felt tears trickle down his cheeks but he ignored them as he watched you, he knew he shouldn't have let you walk home alone with a psychopath on the loose.

as he held your hand he felt you squeeze his hand slowly, "y/n?" he asked hopefully.

your eyes fluttered open, "stiles?"

he let out a sigh of relief, "you're okay." he smiled grasping your hand.

"i am?" you asked, looking down at the tubes running through your body, "what are you doing here, stiles?"

he furrowed his eyebrows, "i'm here because i love you, y/n... i'm sorry i didn't say it earlier... i just didn't expect this to happen..."

"me neither... wait, you love me?" you asked, looking over at him.

he nodded, "i've always kind of been in love with you, y/n, i'm sorry it's taken me this long to say."

"i love you too, stiles... thank you for staying," you squeezed his hand again before your eyes felt heavy, "good night, stiles..." you whispered before closing your eyes.

he chuckled lightly, "good night, y/n."

for the rest of the night he slept in the chair besides your bed, never leaving your side.

***