anniversary | dylan

Dylan rushed around the apartment you shared, cleaning up before he could start his plan. It was your four year anniversary of being together and he wanted to re-create your first date. He'd spent the day preparing the meal and now he was moving furniture around in the living room, placing the two sofas opposite each other. He'd gotten blankets, sheets and pillows and was building a large fort in the living room, complete with fairy lights. At the time it was the best idea he'd ever had, and now he was trying to make it even better than the first time.

He'd even brought a projector that you could both watch films on, setting it up on the wall outside of the fort. Whilst he was in the bedroom hunting for more pillows he heard the front door unlock and he ran to stop you from entering the living room.

"H-hey, y/n!" He panted as he skidded to a stop in front of you as you were taking off your jacket, "you're not supposed to be home yet..."

You looked at him suspiciously, "I told you I was leaving early today, do you not remember?"

"Uh... no." He'd completely forgotten, mentally slapping himself for not remembering.

"Well, what are you hiding?" You asked, crossing your arms at his suspicious behaviour.

"Nothing..." he grinned, "just don't go in the living room, okay? Or the kitchen... go and stay in the bedroom until I get you, okay?"

You looked at him, taking in his nervousness, "alright..." you agreed, making your way to the bedroom, only to find that there was no duvet or pillows on the bed, raising your suspicions.

Dylan took the pillows into the living room and placed them in the fort, he looked around and admired his work, nodding to himself.

He entered the bedroom and saw you sat on the bare bed, raising your eyebrows at him expectantly, "y/n... come with me." He held out his hand as he stood in front of you.

You took hold of his hand and stood up, following him to the closed door of the living room, "close your eyes." He said, grinning widely.

You did as you were told and closed your eyes, he guided you through the door as he opened it, the lights were off apart from the fairy lights illuminating the room.

"Okay, open your eyes." He said.

You opened your eyes and looked around the room in awe, "Dylan..."

"Happy anniversary, baby." He smiled, pressing a kiss against your forehead.

He watched as your face lit up with happiness, "happy anniversary, Dyl."

"I wanted to recreate our first date... so, follow me." He took hold of your hand as he pulled you towards the fort, he knelt down and crawled inside, gesturing for you to follow.

You crawled inside after him and saw a picnic basket inside, "is that...?"

He nodded, "Couldn't recreate our first date without the food." He chuckled as he opened the basket, pulling out the homemade pizzas he'd been making all day, but instead of them being circular they were the shape of hearts.

"You really made these?" You asked as your heart nearly exploded with love for your boyfriend.

"You don't know how long it took to make them heart shaped, y/n." He laughed.

"You're the sweetest, Dylan..." you said, smiling at your boyfriend.

He shrugged, "I try." His lips curled into the lopsided smile you loved as he took a bite of the pizza.

After eating he cleared away the basket and plates, then crawled back inside besides you.

"What next?" You ask.

"We watch films... and no movie night would be complete without this film." He chuckled softly as he opened the dvd case next to him, revealing his favourite film, Never Been Kissed.

"Of course." You giggled quietly, admiring your boyfriend as he put the disc into his laptop that was connected to the projector.

As the film played you lay your head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders, his hand resting gently on your arm.

Shortly after the film finished you were still wrapped in his arms, "so, tell me... what happens next?" You asked, knowing exactly what happened next.

"If I remember correctly, we did something a little similar to this..." he teased as his lips trailed across your jawline.

"I think you'll have to help me remember a little more than that..." you whispered into his ear.

He lay you down on the pillows that covered the floor of the fort and he climbed on top of you slowly, his legs straddled you as he leaned towards you and brushed his lips over yours.

"Starting to remember yet?" He asked as his breath tickled your neck as he peppered kisses over your skin.

"Maybe..." you chuckled quietly.

"Maybe this will help." He looked into your eyes with his whiskey brown ones before he kissed you, his tongue ran over your bottom lip asking for permission. You quickly granted it as his tongue entered your mouth, making you moan slightly.

He pulled away, a smirk playing on his lips, "I love you so much, y/n."

"I love you too, Dylan." You said before pulling him back towards you and kissing him.

***

please let me know if you're enjoying these :)