stiles when...

when stiles finds you injured in the woods he immediately tries to help you, applying pressure to the bullet wound caused by a hunter

when stiles finds you injured in the woods he immediately tries to help you, applying pressure to the bullet wound caused by a hunter. he pressed his hands over your chest, he was visibly shaking and you were barely able to stay awake.

"stiles..." you said softly, looking up at him through bleary eyes.

"shhh," he whispered, "you need to save your energy, okay? i'm going to save you."

you shook your head, knowing he was too late.

"it's a silver bullet, stiles." you whispered hoarsely.

stiles kept his hands on your chest but his eyes closed for a moment as if he'd just had his heart broken, a tear slipped down one of his cheeks.

you tried your best to smile, "i promise you'll be okay."

"you won't." he replied, he was closer to you now, his honey brown eyes gazing into yours as he took in every last detail of your face.

"and that's okay. i'm happy, you gave me so much love in the days we had together, best friends or as something more." you said, your voice getting quieter by the moment as you felt your eyelids beginning to flutter closed.

"i love you too, y/n. we'll meet again, i promise." he said softly, finally removing his hands from your chest, he knew he was too late.

he tucked a loose strand of your hair behind your ear, "i've always wanted to do that."

you laughed quietly, although it was more like a few quick breaths, "you're such a dork."

"i know," he grinned, but his smile soon faded, "i don't want to lose you."

you searched for his hand and gripped it tightly, "it'll be okay." you said before you closed your eyes one final time.

stiles kept hold of your hand, not wanting to let go. it wasn't until scott found the two of you that he managed to get stiles to go home, but he couldn't sleep— his mind kept him awake with memories of you.

now that's all they would be, but he'd never get over his feelings for you.

***