winner | dylan

You were casually scrolling through twitter on your phone when you got a notification that you had one new e-mail.

You clicked on the notification and your heart nearly stopped when you read it.

Y/n,

Congratulations! You have won our competition to meet the one and only Dylan O'Brien and the cast of The Death Cure in Cape Town! Please find enclosed details of your flight and accommodation, one of our employees will meet you at the airport and talk you through everything.

Once again, Congratulations!

You had to re-read the email again to ensure that you had read it correctly.

Remembering you'd entered a competition to fly out and meet the cast you immediately jumped up and squealed in delight as you were going to meet your favourite actor.

***

The night before the flight you found your suitcase and placed clothes into it and any other necessities you'd need before finding your passport. Butterflies filled your stomach as you realised you were so close to meeting your favourite person on earth.

Once you reached the airport and got through security you sat and waited for your flight. Your flight number was called and you walked towards your flight, you found your seat on the plane and waited for take-off.

You found yourself fidgeting nervously, your hands couldn't keep still as you began to feel nervous about meeting Dylan.

The flight finally landed in Cape Town and you got off and headed to get your suitcase, when you found the exit you saw a young woman holding a sign with your name on.

You approached her and she smiled, "are you y/n?" She asked sweetly.

You nodded, "yep, that's me."

"Great!" She beamed, "let's get going, today I'll take you to the hotel and tomorrow you'll be meeting the cast!"

"Okay, great!" You smiled, following her to the car park outside of the airport.

She drove you to the hotel, explaining everything about meeting the cast, "when you meet them, try not to freak out- okay?"

"Of course!" You replied.

"Okay," the woman said, pulling into a parking space outside of your hotel, "I'll pick you up tomorrow at 9 to take you to the set, so be ready by then."

"Sure." You nodded, smiling at her.

"See you tomorrow." The woman smiled as she'd gotten out of her car and handed you your suitcase from the boot of her car.

You waved as you walked towards the hotel, dragging your suitcase behind you.

You checked in and made your way to your room, unpacking your things and getting settled in. Although you were only going to set for one day you decided to stay in Cape Town for two weeks since you wanted to explore and go sightseeing.

***

The next day you got up early to get ready, showering, doing your makeup and hair. You settled on a natural look and throwing your hair up into a ponytail. You pulled on your light-blue, ripped jeans paired with a white t-shirt and denim jacket.

After breakfast you waited outside the hotel at 8:55am, making sure you had time so that you weren't late. The young woman you'd met yesterday arrived on time and you hopped into her car.

"Good morning, y/n, ready to meet the cast?" She grinned, starting to drive.

"Way too excited." You smiled, your whole body was full of adrenaline at the thought of meeting your favourite people in only a matter of minutes.

The car pulled up near to a large open area filled with sets and equipment.

"Ready?" She asked, getting out of her car.

"Ready." You nodded, getting out too and following her.

You looked around in awe seeing the crew carrying cameras and building sets until your gaze fell on a man with short, messy brown hair who was filming a scene with another man with blonde hair.

You followed the woman behind the cameras that were filming the scenes and you couldn't keep your eyes off of him as he acted out a scene.

As soon as Dylan noticed your presence he was distracted by how pretty you were and he smiled, without thinking he walked over to you- breaking the scene.

The director groaned but Dylan ignored him and proceeded to walk over to you, "hi, I'm Dylan, it's so nice to meet you!" He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around you in a hug.

"Hi Dylan.." You said, you wanted to say more but your mind went blank as his arms were wrapped around you.

"Dylan, this is y/n... she's the winner of that competition I told you about." The young woman explained.

"Ah, y/n." He smiled lopsidedly as he pulled away which made your heart flutter at how adorable he was.

"I can't believe you just interrupted a scene to meet me." You said in awe as he chuckled.

"When I saw you I knew I had to come over and introduce myself, you're extremely pretty by the way." He gazed at you with his whiskey, brown eyes which melted your heart.

"Are you seriously flirting, Dyl?" A familiar voice asked, Thomas stepped out from behind Dylan and extended his hand towards you, "Thomas, nice to meet you, y/n."

"Hi, Thomas." You smiled softly, shaking his hand.

Since the director knew the cast, especially Dylan, wouldn't be able to focus whilst you were there they gave the cast a short break.

You met everyone on set and Dylan assigned himself as your personal tour guide, taking you to meet everyone and showing you the different sets.

He spent time getting to know you, talking about the competition and asking you questions about yourself. You asked him questions too and whilst he answered them he found himself starting to like you a lot.

"So, y/n... how long are you staying here for?" He asked as he walked you to a taxi that you'd called to take you home.

"Um, two weeks." You smiled up at him.

"Two weeks?" He asked excitedly, "that's great!" His voice pitched slightly and he cleared his throat, "I mean... I was wondering if you'd like to hang out? Maybe I could show you some of the sights..." he trailed off, scratching his neck nervously.

"I'd love to." You replied, smiling.

"Amazing," he muttered quietly to himself, "so, um, can I pick you up tomorrow... say, 10am?"

"See you then, Dylan." You said, without hesitating you stood on your tiptoes and kissed his cheek lightly before getting into the taxi.

He stared after the taxi in awe until one of his cast mates dragged him back to set, "earth to Dylan," Ki Hong laughed at his dazed expression, "we've been waiting for you all day."

"Sorry man, I was a little distracted." Dylan admitted, still thinking about you.

***

part two soon :)
p.s there may be a lack of updates because i have exams soon :(