keys to my apartment | stuart

Stuart had been thinking about it for a while now, asking you to move in with him. You basically spent your life at his apartment anyway so he wanted to make it official.

"Hey, bud!" Billy yelled as he approached Stuart at his desk.

"Hey, Billy." Stuart said unenthusiastically.

"What's up, man?" Billy asked as he sat down, noticing his friend wasn't as happy as he usually was.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking." Stuart shrugged.

"About...?" Billy trailed off, trying to get Stuart to talk.

Stuart pulled out a box from his pocket and Billy's eyes widened, "look man, I know we're friends but that's a little too far don't you think?" He laughed, but Stuart frowned.

He opened the box revealing a silver key inside, Billy looked confused.

"A key?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It's the key to my apartment, I want to give it to y/n." Stuart said.

"Ohh," Billy nodded, a smile flickered across his lips, "things are getting really serious between you guys, aren't they?" Billy asked.

"Yeh... I can really see us growing old together, you know?" Then he face palmed himself, "that sounds so cheesy." He started to blush.

"Not at all, man. That's really sweet," Billy smiled, "so when are you going to ask her?"

"I don't know... that's what I was thinking about." Stuart said, he thought about taking you out to dinner but he knew you weren't one for exquisite gestures.

"How about a night in, netflix and chill?" Billy suggested.

"Oh god, no!" Stuart exclaimed, shaking his head abruptly at the suggestion.

"What?" Billy asked dumbfounded.

"Nevermind." Stuart shook his head.

"I'm sure she'll like whatever you choose." Billy said as he got up and left Stuart with his thoughts.

Stuart pondered his thoughts until he got home.

As soon as the clock struck 7pm the doorbell rang as it did every night and he got up off of the sofa to answer it.

He opened the door to your smiling face, "Stewie!" You exclaimed as you wrapped your arms around your boyfriend.

You were the only one allowed to call him that, he pretended to hate it but he secretly loved it.

"Hey, y/n." He smiled as he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to him as you nuzzled your head into his chest.

After he let go you wondered into his house and sat down on the couch like you'd usually do, normally he'd already have the television on but this time he didn't.

"Aren't you watching anything, Stuart?" You asked, looking over your shoulder at him.

"Oh, no..." he trailed off, sitting down next to you, "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Okay..." you nodded, suddenly becoming very nervous about where this conversation was headed.

"Don't look like that, y/n... its a good thing I promise, or at least I hope it is." He smiled nervously.

You smiled softly, "okay, so what is it?"

Stewart took hold of your hand and rubbed his thumb gently over the top of your hand, "y/n... I know we haven't really talked about our relationship and the future... but I wanted to ask you something..." he trailed off as he took the small box out of his pocket.

"Stuart..." you said quietly, butterflies forming in your stomach.

"Don't worry, it's not what you think." He smiled shyly, he opened the box revealing the shiny silver key and he looked up and watched your reaction.

He watched as your lips curled into the smile he loved, "is this what I think it is?"

He nodded, "a key to my apartment... I want you to move in with me, y/n."

Your eyes widened at his request, "you want me to move in with you?" You repeated, making sure you'd heard him right.

"Yes... y/n, I love you so much... I know this sounds cheesy but I'd really like it if we were something that lasted forever." He said the last part quietly, almost as if he were too embarrassed to say it out loud.

"I'd really like that too, Stewart." You smiled before placing your hands on his cheeks and kissing him.

He kissed you back slowly, "so that's a yes? Will you move in with me?"

"Yes, Stewie." You giggled quietly before kissing him again.

***