dinner date | dylan

***

***

Striking a match, Dylan lit the final candle on the table, he nervously waited for his date to arrive. He'd laid the table with wine glasses, cutlery, even rose petals for a little extra something.

This was your first date with Dylan and you sat outside in your car, nervously plucking up the courage to go and ring the doorbell. You checked the time on your phone, you were still a few minutes early so you took the time to compose yourself and check your makeup in the interior mirror.

Meanwhile, Dylan was inside adding the finishing touches to the meal he had prepared.

The time on your phone changed to 8:00pm and you got out of your car, straightening your dress. You walked up the driveway towards Dylan's home, you rang the doorbell and anxiously waited.

Dylan jumped as the doorbell rang, he double checked himself in the mirror before rushing to open the door. Exhaling deeply he opened the door, his breath was taken away as he stared at the beauty in front of him.

"Wow... y/n, you look beautiful." He smiled, before gesturing for you to come inside.

"Thank you, Dylan." You smiled, a slight blush appearing on your cheeks.

Dylan closed the door behind you, "welcome to my humble abode," he chuckled, "come on in."

You followed him into a large dining room, in front of you was a beautifully laid table with candles and rose petals, you smiled, "Dylan, this is so lovely."

"Anything for you, y/n," He chuckles lightly, "please, take a seat." He offers, pulling out of the chairs from the table. You carefully sit down and Dylan pushes it forward gently.

"Thanks, Dyl." You say, admiring his dining room, the large chandelier above reflected the light from the candles leaving little flickers of light illuminating the white walls.

"Are you hungry?" He asks whilst pouring you a glass of red wine.

"Starving." You laugh, causing a wide grin to spread across his face.

Dylan disappears into his kitchen and comes back a moment later with two plates filled with the most mouth-watering food you'd ever seen, "wow, this looks amazing." You say in awe as he places it in front of you.

"Thanks, I spent all day making sure it was perfect." He chuckled.

You smiled at the thought of Dylan cooking all day.

You both tucked in, "Mm." you moaned softly, Dylan looked over at you and raised his eyebrows.

"What?" He smirked.

"This... this is the best food I've ever eaten." You said, eating another mouthful.

He let out an adorable laugh, "thanks, y/n, I guess it is pretty good."

After the meal you both continued talking and laughing, Dylan became infatuated with you each passing moment.

His wine glass hovers near his lips, his smile fades as he looks over at you, "y/n... I think I'm in love you."

Your furrow your eyebrows which Dylan finds adorable, "me?" Your voice rises an octave.

"Yes... you. Just looking at you now, the candlelight illuminating your beautiful self... I can't believe I haven't said it sooner." He admits.

Your breath hitches as he speaks, "Dylan, I-"

"Y/n... I'm sorry, that was way too fast, I realise that now." He shakes his head, putting his wine glass back on the table.

"No, Dylan... I think I love you too." A small smile tugs on your lips.

"Wow..." he breathes out a sigh of relief, "I'm glad I didn't just ruin this whole night." He laughed nervously.

You smiled, "I don't think you'd ever be able to ruin it, I mean... you outdid yourself, the rose petals are my favourite."

He smiled, dimples appearing on his cheeks, "thanks, y/n."

***

The night came to an end and Dylan walked to your car, opening the car door for you.

"Thank you for tonight, Dyl. It was perfect." You smiled as you stood next to your car.

Dylan ran a hand through his hair nervously, "Um, y/n, can I kiss you?"

Butterflies formed in your stomach at how adorable he was being, "of course." You said quietly.

He moved closer to you, leaning towards you and soon his lips were on yours, kissing you slowly. His arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer to him.

After a few moments he pulled away, a small smile found its way to his lips, "I hope we can do this again sometime."

"Me too." You agreed before getting into your car, Dylan stood and watched until he could no longer see your car and he went back inside his home, doing a happy dance in his hallway thinking about the kiss. He had fallen in love.

***