stiles when...

being your best friend, stiles was used to driving you around— he loved driving with you as you always sang along to the radio and he loved your voice

being your best friend, stiles was used to driving you around— he loved driving with you as you always sang along to the radio and he loved your voice. but this time he was driving you to a date and he couldn't even pretend to be happy for you.

"what's up, stiles? you haven't said a word the whole drive." you said, shifting in your seat to face him.

"nothing." he shrugged.

"it doesn't have anything to do with the fact i'm going on a date with theo?" you smirked, knowing how much he hated him. you'd only agreed to go on this date since malia said it would make stiles jealous and maybe finally admit his feelings for you.

"no. i don't care." he replied blandly.

you observed him closely, "well, i don't think you'll have to pick me up after the date."

stiles' eyes bulged slightly, "oh, really? is he going to drive you home?"

"not exactly." you said suggestively.

you noticed his jaw clench slightly, "hm."

"you know he really isn't that bad." you said.

stiles seemed to lose his patience, slamming his foot on the break, "if he isn't that bad, why doesn't he drive you to this stupid date himself?"

"stiles—" you began but he cut you off.

"y/n, i don't know what you see in this guy, honestly. he's just using you, like he uses everyone else." stiles snapped.

you smiled, but stiles frowned, "why are you smiling?"

"because malia was right," you said, "going on this date would make you jealous."

"me? jealous?" stiles scoffed, "i'm not... i was just worried about you."

"sure, stiles." you said.

he sighed, "fine, y/n. i like you, a lot. and i don't think you should go on this date— because i... i love you. i know it's so soon to say, but we have been best friends for years and i've felt this way about you for a while. i just didn't think you felt the same way."

"i do, i feel the exact same way. i love you, stiles, so much." you said, smiling over at the brown eyed boy.

"so why did you agree to go on a date with theo?" he asked.

"it was malia's idea." you admitted.

"that explains it." he chuckled lightly.

"what do you say to going back to your place and watching movies with snacks?" you asked.

"sounds great." stiles smiled, turning his jeep around and heading home.

***