go mets! | dylan

you manoeuvred through the crowded arena, trying to find your seat, 24B. the aroma of hot dogs and popcorn filled the air as you walked down the steps. eventually you stumbled upon the 'B' section and you squeezed past other people to get to your seat, "excuse me, sorry." you mumbled as you finally sat down, letting out a sigh of relief.

you checked your watch, there was five minutes to go so you relaxed in your seat, taking out your phone and snapchatting a few pictures to your friends and checking your other social medias. soon the seat next to you was occupied but you barely noticed as you were engrossed in the game, watching the players run from base-to-base and scoring points.

you found yourself screaming in joy when your favourite player scored multiple points for the mets. the guy sat next to you cheered as well, seemingly for the same player. your eyes flickering between the players until they finally stopped playing and they took a half-time break.

you felt your stomach start to rumble and you saw a short, grey-haired man selling hot dogs on the aisle, "excuse me! one hotdog please!" you yelled over the crowd, the guy turned around and smiled, handing you a hot dog.

"that'll be five dollars please, ma'am." he held out his hand.

you took the case off of the back of your phone and gave him the five dollar note you'd shoved inside, he smiled and turned to the boy sat next to you, "hotdog?"

the boy looked up from under his orange and blue mets cap, "i'd love one," he shoved his hand into his jeans pocket and fished out a ten dollar note, "keep the change." the boy gratefully took his hotdog and the man accepted his money.

"thank you very much." the short man disappeared into the crowds of people milling about on the stairs, stretching their legs during half-time.

the boy turned to you and smiled, his dark, brown eyes lit up like stars, "nice trick..." he nodded at your phone case.

"oh! thank you." you smiled.

you both looked back at the field as the players ran onto their diamonds. eating your hotdogs you both stared in awe at the players, experiencing them in real life was much better than watching them by yourself at home you thought.

soon the players took another break and the screens in the middle of the stadium lit up with an elderly couple and the phrase kiss cam underneath. they shared a quick, loving kiss and the audience coo'ed as the camera switched to another couple of a middle-aged woman and man who kissed quickly, then looked away embarrassed as the audience clapped.

then the camera switched again, this time to a young man wearing a blue and orange mets cap who was staring at the screen in shock, you saw yourself looking back at you through the kiss cam.

the boy turned towards you and smiled, he shrugged and leaned towards you, his light, pink lips were suddenly on yours. his hand cupped your cheek as he kissed you, a sweet, tender kiss. the arena roared with clapping as you both kissed.

he pulled away slowly, your eyes looking into his as they travelled down to stare at your lips and then back up to your eyes, his forehead resting against yours. you noticed that his mets cap had fallen when he'd kissed you, you reached down to the floor to pick it up and then placed it lightly on his head of messy, brown hair.

"i'm dylan, by the way." he said, his voice raised so that you could hear him over the crowds.

"y/n!" you shouted back, smiling.

he suddenly dug out his phone from his jacket, "can we, uh, exchange numbers?" he looked at you expectantly.

"of course." you grab your phone that lay on your lap and you swapped phones, inputting each other's numbers.

after the game finished you both parted ways, exchanging quick glances and smiles as you kept turning around to see him staring at you in awe. you smiled to yourself as you finally exited the arena and pushed past the final crowds, your mind filled with the thought of the kiss you'd shared with the boy called dylan.

***

enjoy :)