don't let go | dylan

the brisk air nipped at your exposed ears as you pulled on your ice skates, you adjusted your bobble hat so that it covered your ears. you looked out at the expanse of the large, white ice sheet in front of you. you were waiting for your boyfriend, dylan to arrive.

you shivered slightly despite the fact that had numerous layers on, a thick brown coat and thick black leggings. you stood up gingerly and shuffled over to the ice rink, resting your palms on the half-wall surrounding it. the ice rink was located in central park, new york. it was beautiful at night, fairy lights were hung from the trees surrounding the rink, creating a warm atmosphere despite the bitter, cold air.

suddenly cold hands covered your eyes and you nearly jumped out of your skin, "guess who?" the figure behind you chuckled.

"hmm, is it tyler posey?" you laughed.

the man behind you dropped his hands and spun you around, you smiled when you saw him. he had a black beanie covering his hair and the hood of his coat was up, the fluff around the hood surrounded his face making him look absolutely adorable. he smiled back, dimples appearing in his cheeks.

"hey, babygirl." he leaned forward and kissed you lightly on the lips.

"hey, dyl." you smiled widely.

"ready to ice skate?" he asked, you looked down at his feet and saw that he already had skates on.

"of course." you nod, he holds out his hand and you place your hand in his, his hand seemed large compared to yours.

you step onto the ice, nearly slipping, "i've got you." dylan assures you, his arms wrap around you.

slowly, you try to glide across the ice, you hear dylan chucking lightly beside you as he holds onto you.

"don't let go." you whisper, gripping onto his hand.

"i won't." he promised, squeezing your hand tightly.

halfway around the second lap of the rink you felt confident enough to let go, "are you sure?" he asked.

"yes." you smile at him assuringly.

he lets go slowly, you glide across the ice seamlessly as he watches in awe. then he lets out a cheer as he watches you ahead of him, twirling around on the ice.

"that's my girl!" he yells, skating over towards you, you take hold of his hands and he spins you around.

"i love you, y/n." he says as he admires you, your hair flowing in the wind, he couldn't imagine being with anybody else at that very moment.

"i love you too, dylan." you smiled, caught off guard you nearly slipped but he quickly pulled you towards him. his lips were suddenly on yours, kissing you slowly and tenderly in the middle of the ice rink. he wrapped his arms around you, keeping you close to him.

he pulled away slowly, resting his forehead on yours, his chocolate, brown eyes staring into yours. your cheeks were flushed with the cold and dylan noticed, "lets go and get a hot chocolate." he suggested.

you nodded, shivering slightly, "i'd love that."

***

if you have any requests let me know (i'll write them with 'y/n' though.) :) xo

dylan o'brien imagines On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara